Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do 3rd level students get contactless?

Options
  • 04-01-2013 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

I'm wondering if Bank of Ireland issue Visa Debit cards with the "Contactless" function to students (3rd-level specifically).

When I received my Visa Debit, it didn't have the contactless symbol on it. Would it be possible for me to order a new card with "Contactless" functionality?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

If this is the correct symbol, then 3rd-level do get them or at least I have.

contactless-indicator1.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Cathalog

Yup, correct symbol. Thanks for letting me know.

This begs the question: why weren't they bothered sending me one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Cathalog,

Thanks for posting.

Contactless Visa Debit Cards are account specific so the same card type might not be sent to everyone.

If you call your Bank of Ireland branch and speak to the Student Advisor, they can discuss this with you.

A full list of branch telephone numbers can be found here

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Cathalog

Hi Cathalog,

Thanks for posting.

Contactless Visa Debit Cards are account specific so the same card type might not be sent to everyone.

If you call your Bank of Ireland branch and speak to the Student Advisor, they can discuss this with you.

A full list of branch telephone numbers can be found here

Thanks

Billy
    Many thanks Billy. I'll give them a shout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Cathalog,

If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement
Advertisement