Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple gopro use with 1 button

Options
  • 04-01-2013 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Does anyone know if you could place 3 or 4 gopros on a car, and use 1 button to start them all at once from inside the car? Gopros will be in various locations along the car, not just in one spot.

Thank you

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

If you have them all on wifi and the wifi remote then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

copacetic wrote: »
    If you have them all on wifi and the wifi remote then yes.

Wont have wifi available unfortunately. are there long cables?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Wont have wifi available unfortunately. are there long cables?

No Wifi is the only option, what model are they? Hero3's have wifi built in and for hero 1's and 2's its an extra.

Rew wrote: »

No Wifi is the only option, what model are they? Hero3's have wifi built in and for hero 1's and 2's its an extra.

No models yet, looking into what to get. Need at least 3 gopro/ other items like these to be placed around a car and be switched on with one button. Have no experience with contours or anything else so is there something out there that could do what I'm after?

No models yet, looking into what to get. Need at least 3 gopro/ other items like these to be placed around a car and be switched on with one button. Have no experience with contours or anything else so is there something out there that could do what I'm after?

Gopros are the only one that I know of that you can control multiple cameras with one remote. If your boiling cameras get GoPro hero 3's and a wifi remote. That setup will do what your asking.

• Advertisement

Gopros are the only one that I know of that you can control multiple cameras with one remote. If your boiling cameras get GoPro hero 3's and a wifi remote. That setup will do what your asking.

Only thing is the car will be going round a track so no wifi networks available unfortunatly, thats why im trying to figure out if there is another way!

Only thing is the car will be going round a track so no wifi networks available unfortunatly, thats why im trying to figure out if there is another way!

The cameras create the network, you don't need Internet or a wifi router. Wifi is just what the cameras use to talk to the remote. I use it skiing to control my 2 cameras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

If you have not bought yet the Hero3 series has WiFi built in and is somewhat controllable from either a separate WiFi remote [free with the Black edition] or from an iPhone [Android coming I think] from a free app.

HOWEVER, one button operation is not possible without a PC and a script as each gopro will be unique

Range is relatively short on the inbuilt gopro and currently WiFi routers are not supported [anyway]

You should get about two hours from broken in batteries and 75 minutes from the Black Version at highest res and frame rate.

There are a number of good deals on the Hero2 sport kits right now and extra batters pack are about €60 each to give some 3½ hrs.

The remote is free with the Hero 3 Black
    iPhone and Android apps are both available
    The Phone apps can only control one camera at a time
    The wifi remote can control up to 50 cameras at once
    A hero2 recording solidly at 1080p gets you about 130 mins of footage on one battery
    A hero3 recording solidly at 1080p gets you about 100 mins of footage on one battery
    Range on the wifi remote is 200 meters (in an open area)
    Range of the App is about 50 meters (in an open area)
    There is no official way to control a gopro form a PC, its all hacks.

If you buy Hero2's you need to buy the wifi backpack as a €100 add on and a wifi remote.

• Advertisement

The remote is free with the Hero 3 Black

Of course, Black. My bad. Fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

The Wifi remote idea is good if you're going to have a clear line of sight between the cameras and the remote and they will be relatively close together. I had a remote for the HD Hero 2 and the range was only around 30 metre's. The phone app was even worse. It lost the signal when it was around 20 metre's from the camera. I ended up returning the remote because I relay had no use for it with such a short range.

Advertisement