Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem installing wireless printer

Options
  • 04-01-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Hello

I own an hp b110a printer and up to yesterday it was working fine via wireless connection.

Today i have formatted windows 7 and i have been trying to re-install it however i can only do so via usb cable, when i try to configure it to go wireless i get this message

''your computer is unable to communicate with your printer at 192.168.1.11. This may be caused by firewall software. If you are using firewall software, verify that UDP port 427 is unblocked for both inbound and outbound traffic.

Your PC can not communicate with your printer at address 192.168.1.11. Check all cable connections. Check that the printer, PC and router are powered on and connected to the network.''

I am pretty sure it's down to windows as i haven't touched the router so if it worked before should work now

however i have disabled the firewall completely and the error still appears

i should also add that as far as the printer is concerned, it is on the network and it has an ip address

anyone had a similar problem?

thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Try Resetting the Router
    Re-install the printer then restart the computer and reconnect them to the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

thanks very much, i reset the router and it worked first time!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

j4vier wrote: »
    thanks very much, i reset the router and it worked first time!

Your very welcome

Advertisement