Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't reply on touch - CSRF error

Options
  • 04-01-2013 8:26pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Csrf certification failed- token expired

I get this message each time I try to reply to a thread on the touch site

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Csrf certification failed- token expired

I get this message each time I try to reply to a thread on the touch site
    Testing

Maybe not each thread but each time on this thread at least

http://touch.boards.ie/post/create?id=2056653168&postid=82508443

This should probably be in site development but I can't find that forum just now

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Is this still an issue pickarooney? CSRF tokens are time-sensitive and expire after 5 minutes - we're looking at bumping that up for posts. Could it be the post you were trying to write took longer than 5 minutes?

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This has happened to me a couple of times because I've left it and come back, but just a short suggestion; Is there any way of making the text persist so that you can post it without having to type it all again? On Safari on iOS at least, if you get the CSRF error and then hit back, your text is gone and you have to type it again.

Yup, I've just mentioned that myself when talking to Neil about this; I can only imagine how frustrating it would be, especially if you're the sort to half write a post, come back to review it after a half hour or so etc. Bumping the timeout of a CSRF token to an hour would seen to defeat the purpose of a timeout :o We'll talk a bit more about it, see how vBulletin does it (not holding my breath there for CSRF protection) and take it from there.

Danny

• Advertisement

The CSRF token max age has been bumped significantly, please let us know if this problem persists.

Danny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement