Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remember how we said there wouldnt be a User Test 4? Weeellllllll....

• 04-01-2013 8:44pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so we're still trying to find the perfect polish and UT3 wasnt it.

We've tweaked things again and this time we believe we are ready for the final user test.

After this, we will create and release a "Release Candidate" which is a version of the game which, if no one shouts STOP, will be the one we release to the shops.
    We have about 2 weeks of pure 3d modelling and lots and lots of polish on the stuff around the track (like smashed signs, collapsed over heads) which we can only do once the track is finalised (its a one time pass sorta thing).

We expect Release Candidate in a week to 10 days time. That will actually be the last one and will be the end of the free coins im afraid :/ cos we need to finally test the purchasing system :)

If everything goes well, we submit it to Apple and Google late in Jan and then push the marketing as soon as they green light it. Should take about a week.

You can find UT4 here and I'll be sending out the usual email now...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzk8z27mjg71v8a/UT4.apk

Many thanks for your help!
    (pls someone beat Karl).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

DeVore wrote: »
    (pls someone beat Karl).

New build, new game... I'm deleting my profile and starting again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just regarding the high score.. is it frowned upon to use powerups?

As i didn't for the last one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

tok9 wrote: »
    Just regarding the high score.. is it frowned upon to use powerups?

As i didn't for the last one :D

It's encouraged! Working out the best combo is part of the fun ;)

We'll have details of a high score competition for testers soon…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I hadn't gotten around to downloading UT3 yet, you got lucky DeV :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Dunno if it's just me confusing my phone by trying to do too many actions quickly, but I have found a couple of times that if I (for example) tap left, then tap right, it interprets it as a swipe right, or a jump. Or similarly when I try to change lanes then jump, in quick succession.

Didn't wanna post this in the bug report yet, as I dunno if it's just me/my phone, or the game!

[UT4, One X]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Working great on the One S. Haven't had any misinterpreted moves yet.
    Flies along.

Advertisement