Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Authentic Chinese in dublin city centre

Options
  • 04-01-2013 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Hi all, heading to dublin next week and looking for a proper authentic Chinese if possible, not the type were you find on every street corner in the country, were every dish tastes and looks the same expect for the color .... And don't really want to spend a fortune either just a good decent meal.... Have been told to look at Mandrain house or china house on Parnell street.....any ideas please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

New Millenium on king street. they have an actually chinese menu if you can read cantonese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is a plethora of genuine chinese eateries on parnell street

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Hilan on Capel street. Its both Chinese and Korean, also does the korean BBQ, one of the only places in Dublin. Very authentic. Always loads of chinese and korean customers there too, which is a good sign.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Good World on Georges Street. Ignore the regular menu and ask for the Chinese one. It's also frequented by lots of Chinese people and I'm told they're particularly good at dim sum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

If you like szechuan then M&L on Cathedral Street - they won't help you with the chinese menu, but if you can read it you'll get cheaper food! Not that it matters really since most mains are around the 10 euro mark (and huge), and beers are a measly 2.50. Only place I've been where I've been shocked at a bill in a good way :)

Also +1 for New Millenium - my favourite Yum Cha in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

YumCha wrote: »
    If you like szechuan then M&L on Cathedral Street - they won't help you with the chinese menu, but if you can read it you'll get cheaper food! Not that it matters really since most mains are around the 10 euro mark (and huge), and beers are a measly 2.50. Only place I've been where I've been shocked at a bill in a good way :)

Also +1 for New Millenium - my favourite Yum Cha in Dublin.

M&L is delicious, I couldnt think of the name

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Hi all, heading to dublin next week and looking for a proper authentic Chinese if possible, not the type were you find on every street corner in the country, were every dish tastes and looks the same expect for the color .... And don't really want to spend a fortune either just a good decent meal.... Have been told to look at Mandrain house or china house on Parnell street.....any ideas please

Theres a place in Ballsbridge but I forget the name...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Best chinese I've had in the country is the China Siuchan in Sandyford

http://www.yelp.ie/biz/china-sichuan-restaurant-sandyford

Annoying location to get to but worth it, it's 5/5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Another + for M&L, it's the real deal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Another + for M&L, it's the real deal.
    +1 for M&L.
    Mandarin House on Parnell Street with its selection of offal is also very close to what you get in China - all the good stuff is not on the English menu.
    Enormous portions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Parnell St all the way, you won't get more authentic than eating in Chinatown itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Zen in Rathmines is one of the best I've tasted. None of the radioactive luminous crap ye get in the take away's. Think the building used to be a church so it's a really pleasant place to eat aswell.

Another rec for M and L.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭purplepapillon

M&L is amazing and great service, especially when I used what very few words of Mandarin I have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Ended up in M&L had a fantastic lunch will be going back again... Only disappointment was the fried rice and noodles not included in the price, good few Chinese eaten there which is always a good sign.... Thank you all for the restaurant tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Thanks for letting us know where you went and how you got on. Most people don't bother.

Advertisement