Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new eircom customer

Options
  • 04-01-2013 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi there,

I recently joined eircom phone and broadband. The thing is, I can connect my router and phone to only the phone and socket in the hall where the connection comes in. No connection at any other of the 7 other sockets in the house. I was up in attic putting away Xmas bits and came across 7 white phone cables all banded together, is there any connector I could get to connect the one coming from the hall to the rest so I can have the phone and router separated.

Thanks in advance.

Al

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi al-pal

Unfortunately eircom no longer arrange internal wiring and equally cannot provide technical assistance in relation to internal wiring for extra sockets. Apologies for the inconvenience as I would like to help further but I would advise contacting an electrician for advice on this issue.

Regards

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Assassins Creed

al-pal wrote: »
    Hi there,

I recently joined eircom phone and broadband. The thing is, I can connect my router and phone to only the phone and socket in the hall where the connection comes in. No connection at any other of the 7 other sockets in the house. I was up in attic putting away Xmas bits and came across 7 white phone cables all banded together, is there any connector I could get to connect the one coming from the hall to the rest so I can have the phone and router separated.

Thanks in advance.

Al
    I wouldn't bother connecting the other wires. Its cheaper to get cordless phones, one base unit that plugs into the working phone socket and additional handsets that work like wireless off main handset.  Also connecting the extra wiring will mean that the broadband signal will travel through all the wiring, this can reduce your attainables to your modem in some circumstances. Eircom do have a splitter socket which separates the dsl from the phone signal, this way the broadband signal can be sent directly to the modem and the rest of the wiring can be connected to have just the phone service. Problem is Eircom have gone away from wiring extension sockets, and i don't blame them due to the hassle associated with renovations and such.  Best bet is to talk to an Eircom technician in your area.

Advertisement