Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personal Hotspot problems

• 04-01-2013 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

Just wondering does anyone else on here have problems with using there personal hotspot. I sometimes use my iPhone as a hotspot for my iPad but recently it's not connecting and not even showing up as a wifi network on my iPad. Starting to get very annoying! Anyone else have the same problem or any simple solutions?? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What phone model? iOS versions on phone and pad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭wilfitz

biko wrote: »
    What phone model? iOS versions on phone and pad?

iPhone 4S and iPad 2. Both running the latest software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Other have talked about issue with ios6 and personal hotspot, I didn't have any issues myself but I see this asked in forums across the net.

Try
    Settings--> General--> Reset--> Reset Network Settings
    on both devices.

Note that this will remove ALL network settings and passwords in case you need to write them down first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

wilfitz wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone else on here have problems with using there personal hotspot. I sometimes use my iPhone as a hotspot for my iPad but recently it's not connecting and not even showing up as a wifi network on my iPad. Starting to get very annoying! Anyone else have the same problem or any simple solutions?? Thanks.

Have had similar issues in the past, read something the other day about ios6 only broadcasting the SSID for connection when you have the hotspot page open. Once connected you can close that settings page and the connection will persist, but you need it open to broadcast the SSID.

Might be your problem.

biko wrote: »
    Other have talked about issue with ios6 and personal hotspot, I didn't have any issues myself but I see this asked in forums across the net.

Try
    Settings--> General--> Reset--> Reset Network Settings
    on both devices.

Note that this will remove ALL network settings and passwords in case you need to write them down first.

Tried this, still won't work. And now the wifi button has greyed out on my iPhone and won't turn back on!! Looking at the apple forum it suggests that it is either a hardware fault or a problem caused by iOS6. May send the phone back to apple.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Which carrier?

whiterebel wrote: »
    Which carrier?

EMobile. Rang apple and they got me to restore phone and to set it up as a new phone. Now Bluetooth is not working and personal hotspot does not even give me an option to connect via wifi. Told me to call back if this did not work and I would get a replacement.

Advertisement