Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting new laptop

Options
  • 04-01-2013 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I'm going to be getting an Asus K55VD and decided to get it on saveonlaptops.co.uk seen as it's the same price as a much lower spec model in Currys.

I'm just wondering are they a good site to deal with if you need to return something. Also would the warranty be void if I was to get it from them, since it's probably a UK warranty?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

i've bought from them twice and have found them to be fine - both times after i ordered they emailed/texted me to phone them to ask some security questions. the first laptop did have a dead pixel on the screen but the person it was for couldn't even see it so it wasn't an issue.... second one was perfect and arrived very quickly - that was only a few weeks ago .....

both laptops were asus

someone else would probably know for sure but i would think the warranty is okay .....

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭darren2368

Thanks, I've been looking into them and have to agree from what I've seen so far they seem pretty okay. Just thought I'd get a few more opinions.

Which delivery did you go for? Did they arrive within the time it was suppose to

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I went for standard delivery (9.95 pounds), I received within the 4 day period (3 days in fact). The laptop was fine. The question is how are they if the customer has a problem with the product :)

Gumbi wrote: »
    I went for standard delivery (9.95 pounds), I received within the 4 day period (3 days in fact). The laptop was fine. The question is how are they if the customer has a problem with the product :)

Good! That's pretty much what I'm trying to find out, I'm sure it'd probably be fine but if I was unlucky enough to get a bad product I sure as hell don't want to be stuck with it

There's a 14 day gold star return thing so I'll probably get that just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

i went for the standard shipping also and it arrived in 3 days ....

http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.saveonlaptops.co.uk

• Advertisement

i went for the standard shipping also and it arrived in 3 days ....

http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.saveonlaptops.co.uk

They look pretty legit alright, think I'll definitely be recommending them to anyone looking for good laptop deals!

Do you know about the warranty? I mentioned it above that it says it's a UK warranty, is it still valid for Irish customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭yes chance

darren2368 wrote: »
    I Also would the warranty be void if I was to get it from them, since it's probably a UK warranty?
    There is an Irish Sale of goods Act but I am not sure if it apples to something bought in UK. There is a UK Sale of Goods Act too but since you are in Ireland I am not sure if it would apply. But the European Consumer Centre would be able to advise you re goods bought in UK.

Also a warranty by the retailer is only an addition to your rights under consumer law and cannot deprive you of any rights under consumer law

yes chance wrote: »
    There is an Irish Sale of goods Act but I am not sure if it apples to something bought in UK. There is a UK Sale of Goods Act too but since you are in Ireland I am not sure if it would apply. But the European Consumer Centre would be able to advise you re goods bought in UK.

Also a warranty by the retailer is only an addition to your rights under consumer law and cannot deprive you of any rights under consumer law

Thanks very much!

Advertisement