Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting a large box to Oz

Options
  • 04-01-2013 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hey guys/gals,

I'm new to this forum so apologies if this has been asked previously but I wanted to find out what's the story in sending a large box to oz.

I've looked into An post and they can send a 20kg box for €60.....not bad!

Anyway, I wanna send stuff like Tayto crisps, dairy milk chocolate, cream crackers, as well as some Xmas presents (mainly clothes).

Anyone know it's there's any restrictions on what I send? Obviously I won't send any fruit or veg.

Cheers

Keano007

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

What will DAFF remove from international mail

This is not a complete list of prohibited items. Some of these items can be treated and released (fees will apply). Any items containing insects or larvae will be removed and must be treated.
    meatproducts.jpgMeat and Meat Products

• all uncanned meat—including fresh, dried, frozen, cooked, smoked, salted or preserved meat
    • packaged meals (including noodles) containing meat
    • mooncakes containing meat
    • remedies and medicines containing animal material
    • pet food including canned and dried food and supplements.

seeds-nuts.jpgSeeds and Nuts

• seeds including vegetable and flower seeds, unidentified seeds, birdseed and some commercially-packaged seeds*
    • gifts, ornaments and toys filled with seeds
    • pine cones
    • raw nuts
    • grains and legumes including lentils, popping corn and cereal grains
    • raw/green coffee beans.

Plants.jpgPlants and Soil

• all plant material including bulbs, whole plants, cuttings, roots, flowers and stems
    • soil, including small souvenir or sentimental samples
    • footwear, sporting and camping equipment contaminated with soil, manure or plant material
    • gifts, ornaments and toys filled with straw, plant matter, sand or soil.

fruit.jpgFruit and Vegetables

• fresh fruit and vegetables
    • dried fruit and vegetables containing seeds or fruit peel.

dairy.jpgDairy, Eggs and Egg Products

• cheese, milk, butter and other dairy products*
    • packaged meals and other foods containing more than 10 per cent dairy, or 10% or more egg (whole, dried and powdered, such as cake mix, salad dressing, mayonnaise)
    • mooncakes containing egg.

mask.jpgPlant Material

• tea containing seeds, fruit skin (for example citrus and apple peel) and fruit pieces
    • remedies and medicines containing herbs, seeds, bark, fungi and dried plant material*
    • dried flower arrangements and potpourri
    • dried herbs or leaves
    • handicrafts—including wreaths and Christmas decorations—containing seeds, raw nuts, corn, pine cones, grapevines, bark, moss, straw or other plant material
    • wooden items with bark or signs of insects present.

liveanimals.jpgLive Animals, Animal Products

• all mammals, birds, birds' eggs and nests, fish, snakes, turtles, lizards, scorpions, amphibians, crustaceans and insects
    • souvenirs, artefacts and goods made of animal products such as raw hide, feathers, teeth, bones, wool and animal hair.

Laboratory Material

• medical and animal samples
    • diagnostic kits and micro-organisms*

Source:http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/mail/cant-mail

Advertisement