Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got hacked on cod 4...

Options
  • 04-01-2013 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Some English kid by the xbox gamertag off : Morgick hack my cod 4 deranked me and I cant get into games and if I do get into a game all I can do is walk around I cant aim shoot jump or anything :( My xbox gamertag is :
    Apex Origin
    if anyone could help me out thanks :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

DavidMelv wrote: »
    Some English kid by the xbox gamertag off : Morgick hack my cod 4 deranked me and I cant get into games and if I do get into a game all I can do is walk around I cant aim shoot jump or anything :( My xbox gamertag is :
    Apex Origin
    if anyone could help me out thanks :mad:

Not really a console modding issue have you tried to call Xbox support?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Moved to a more relevant forum. Not a console modding issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Don't call Xbox CS as it's nothing to do with them as only your COD 4 stats are affected and not your gamertag as a whole.
    Try Activision support but from what I've heard of similar situation they are usually unable to fix it.

Just out of curiosity what were the circumstances leading up to it happening. Did he ask for any account info.
    Also is your XP showing as a minus number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭DavidMelv

No just joined a lobby and then it froze then i got kicked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Apex??

I've been in two lobbies the past two days with with 4 or 5 apex lads.
    Fcuking boosting for headshots. What goes around comes around.

Edit : I'm sorry David, their name was actually "Aztec"
    I do apologise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

DavidMelv wrote: »
    No just joined a lobby and then it froze then i got kicked...

Not big on the hacking scene, but it would strike me that your Xbox would be the problem rather than your account. Sounds similar to other cod hacks in the past, which propagated to other machines through direct contact. Find another Xbox to test your account, then factory reset your unit if its fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Not big on the hacking scene, but it would strike me that your Xbox would be the problem rather than your account. Sounds similar to other cod hacks in the past, which propagated to other machines through direct contact. Find another Xbox to test your account, then factory reset your unit if its fine.
    This is complete nonsense. What you're talking about would require the console to have downloaded some form of virus through Xbox Live.
    The other "hacks" you are talking about made a message appear on screen after you had een knifed by an "infected" player and the same would then happen to whom ever you knifed in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

My account was hacked in the same way, just from playing with some hackers I think. Never gave any of my details to anyone. Can't rank up, and have negative experience. COD4 was one of my favourite games, played it regularly up until about 6 months ago when I got hacked. Hate stupid hackers, ruining everyone's else enjoyment

I came on today and the hack or what ever seem to ware of they just unranked me im enjoying it again :D

I take that back I still cant use some weapons in creating some classes?...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

How are hackers doing this, isn't XBL a secure platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

EnterNow wrote: »
    How are hackers doing this, isn't XBL a secure platform?
    It is, the games aren't always though, which is the problem

Its nothing to do with the console Activision didnt implement right security measures to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

Got hacked on this yet again.. Such a good game ruined

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

COD4 has been getting hacked for years now. It's a pitty activistion or microsoft don't try and catch these guys and ban them from future COD games and Xbox. My brother got hacked a few years ago during an SnD match. If you killed someone you got -999999 score and deranked you to 1 with no way to rank up again. We left the lobby and I haven't played it since. Easily the best COD game and I've been tempted to get it on PC as it still works fine on there.

Advertisement