Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

american style esb connection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

"How are you going to shut the power down"
    I'm not, I'm going to do it live.
    WTF?

I'd say at that stage the neighbors and the local priest were gathering around

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

arikv wrote: »
    "How are you going to shut the power down"
    I'm not, I'm going to do it live.
    WTF?

I'd say at that stage the neighbors and the local priest were gathering around

Well he did shut the power off as soon as he cut the conductor. Cutting the neural first is always the best thing to do :rolleyes:

Not sure how he is allowed bypass the meter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Oh lord! And the other guy on the metal ladder with his hands waving all over the place:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

And he is a "Master Electrician"

What he has done is wrong on so many levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

There was 4 cores on the cable down to the portable outlet but he only talked about connecting the 2 hots and the neutral. Where does the earth come from? Where is the earth connection created in a us system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

Yeee Haaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

m.j.w wrote: »
    There was 4 cores on the cable down to the portable outlet but he only talked about connecting the 2 hots and the neutral. Where does the earth come from? Where is the earth connection created in a us system?

he is susposed to connect the netural and the earth from the lead together and then to his incomming netral from the trafo(or mabe that day he just didnt ) :) or he might have another neutralising point downstream
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-phase_electric_power fig 1

temp power box
    http://cepnow.com/temporary-power-boxes
    4 wire 50a plug type used
    http://www.edwardssupply.com/product.php?productid=797339&cat=5130&page=157

its just mad to watch him.. i used to do some live work in the past but we had all the, gear rubber gloves boots specal tools and a big face sheild

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Yeiks, that looks rather dangerous to put it mildly.

I'd say ESB would be out with insulated cherry pickers and all sorts of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

Solair wrote: »
    Yeiks, that looks rather dangerous to put it mildly.

I'd say ESB would be out with insulated cherry pickers and all sorts of stuff.

Cherry pickers have rubber tyres...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

bette wrote: »
    Cherry pickers have rubber tyres...

the ones used for working on overhead lines are fully isolated from the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

Solair wrote: »

the ones used for working on overhead lines are fully isolated from the ground.

They have a fiberglass boom section and basket and are operated by pneumatics.

Advertisement