Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoo skin bumps?

• 05-01-2013 12:42am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    got my first tattoo just over a year ago now
    and about a month ago i started noticing small bumps on it , its pretty big tattoo covers most of my lower wrist up until just underneath my elbow

the bumps have only started appearing and it can sometimes be very itchy

anyone have any idea what may have caused this? and will it go away or should i go to my gp
    getting abit worried about it now, the bumps arnt visable under direct light but if you shade light over it then its clearly visible

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

It's normal. There's always bound to be a bit of scarring with tattoos, and can raise up if you're feeling unwell or in times of hot weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭DK man

It's a medical issue so the gp is the best person to look at it.... Don't delay IMO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

DK man wrote: »
    It's a medical issue so the gp is the best person to look at it.... Don't delay IMO

might not be
    for all i know it could be normal

i think the person who done my tattoo went abit heavy on it since theirs bumps practically everywee on the tattoo

but ya it seems to only appear when im really warm
    itchs like a ****er though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

It's most likely scarring. No need to over react.

I use E45 if mine gets a bit raised and itchy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Posted a similar thread myself a while back, as have other posters here.

It's just scar tissue or something similar. Throw some E45 on it if it's bothering you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

That's a bit too dramatic. A lot of tattoo's can get a bit irritated from time to time, throw a bit of bepanthan on it and keep an eye on it. If the problem persists, head back to your artist and ask his opinion.

I get it a fair bit, particularly on the tattoo's on my arm's and it usually goes within 2-3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bubblebery

The process of tattooing requires foreign bodies ie ink, to be inserted into the skin. A reputable studio will use quality ink that has been sterilised at manufacture, but it will still contain pigments and trace elements such as copper oxide (an inks containing red). How your body will react is unknown, as you would have seen in the disclaimer you signed at the studio. Slap some moisturiser on it and you should be good to go, if it worries you then of course visit your GP...they may not be qualified to comment on the cause but they may suggest a cream that is suited to your skin type.

Advertisement