Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use of sperm donation to conceive

Options
  • 05-01-2013 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I'm in late thirties and widowed before had chance to have children. Thinking seriously about going to fertility clinic for iui using their imported sperm donation . Anybody gone through this would could advise re procedure, cost and how long it takes from first visit to insemination, thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

In my clinic a round of IUI was €600. You'd probably have an initial consultation with the consultant after a GP referral, so:

€50 GP
    €200 Consultation
    You might need blood/sti tests too but my GP's nurse did these for €30

After that it would be
    €600 IUI + Cost of semen each cycle

I dont know what the semen would cost, but I'm sure the clinic would talk you through all the costs.

Advertisement