Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Theory test.

• 05-01-2013 12:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, I just got my full license for car category, and I am planning to get motorbike license too.
    How different is theory of Cars and Motorbikes? I mean road is same for everybody, all I can imagine being different is some specific conditions, brake distances, yields, priorities etc.. or is there a lot more to that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

arleitiss wrote: »
    Hey, I just got my full license for car category, and I am planning to get motorbike license too.
    How different is theory of Cars and Motorbikes? I mean road is same for everybody, all I can imagine being different is some specific conditions, brake distances, yields, priorities etc.. or is there a lot more to that?

To be honest it's not really difficult. Just practice the Theory CD and you'll have no issues. The IBT is more beneficial to the learner OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Just passed mine the other day. No difference at all other than the motorcycle specific questions, and even at that there were less than 10 in my test. Read up on the motorcycle questions (like wheel facing when parked, whats what on a motorcycle, road position on bends etc) and you'll ace it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

I did the theory test recently and I'm driving 30yrs with a full car Licence as I go through the hoops doing my bike Licence.

As previous mentioned...buy the cd, repetition re the questions is what's needed and RTFQ. other than that the test is a dawdle but homework required.

(Just completed 15hrs of bike training on the roads, haven't regretted one second of going through some guy barking in my ear. Had scooters years ago and it's great to be back. For a young lad going through the official process it is not cheap. Have to wait till may till test. )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

I have 2 CD's at home, 1 older version and 1 the recent changes. Guess I will learn those. I really wanna own both :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There's a free app in the android market place, keep doing the quiz on the app until you get a few 40 out of 40 right. It's the only thing I used for the theory test, the RSA are trying to get it banned at the moment, apparently the Rules of the Road shouldn't be free to learn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Its a piss easy, finished mine in 10 minutes (literally) just have a good idea of bike gear, know wont to use front brake in bends or at slow speeds any you'll be golden.:D I have the cd if you need it, its the one from ehhhh feburary 2012 was only after coming in so I think its the most recent

Advertisement