Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NYC Flights e335

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

jay-me wrote: »
    Seems like a great price. I have never seen them so cheap but correct me if I am wrong.
    http://www.skyscanner.ie/flights/dub/nyca/130524/130603/airfares-from-dublin-to-new-york-in-may-2013-and-june-2013.html?cabinclass=economy&flt=1

I checked from 24th of May to 3 of June

All the 355 flights have a stop and each trip takes at least 10 hours. After a bad experience paying less for an indirect flight I don't think I'd have an issue paying a bit more.

That said there were some good prices with delta in February. 368 I think and it's direct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

While I see your point, the accommodation costs over there really raise the budget so I would put up with the extra time TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

€335 is very good for NYC, even with the stopover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

tok9 wrote: »
    All the 355 flights have a stop and each trip takes at least 10 hours. After a bad experience paying less for an indirect flight I don't think I'd have an issue paying a bit more.

That said there were some good prices with delta in February. 368 I think and it's direct.

While direct is preferable, those layovers are eminently doable and €335 in early Summer is a very decent fare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Advertisement

Yamanoto wrote: »
    While direct is preferable, those layovers are eminently doable and €335 in early Summer is a very decent fare.

Fair enough, I really don't know too much regarding flights to the US.
    snubbleste wrote: »

They're at least 4 years old!

OP was clear.. Never
    Those links are all from this forum. Nowhere else.

OP was clear.. Never

He said he has never, not they have never been cheaper.

Also he's only trying to help fellow boardsies with a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Cheers op!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

OP was clear.. Never

Jesus, snotty replies like this deter people from posting genuine Bargain Alerts :rolleyes:

Those fares you linked to are ancient and could be considered freak fares that only ever pop up once in a blue moon.

Meanwhile back on Planet Reality, anything under €400 rtn to the US is good value, under €350 is most definitely bargain territory especially in the Summer season where €600-800 is a given.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Ok, I will bite.
    [

Why would someone bother to go looking for threads just to take away from the OP. Sad.

Flights to NYC at that time of year, at that price are a bargain. Thanks OP

JustLen wrote: »
    Why would someone bother to go looking for threads just to take away from the OP. Sad. Flights to NYC at that time of year, at that price are a bargain. Thanks OP
    Why would the OP state "I have never seen them so cheap but correct me if I am wrong." :confused:

Still trying to nit pick, they obviously meant it as in
    " i dont keep up to speed with the price o flights but from what i can see etc etc"

They apologised in advance in fear that someone would come along and give about their post, which you did.

Youve been told by two posters that your being petty and that the bargain alert is indeed a bargain but alas you still think your right (which is fine)

Thanks again OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Thanks a million for this had no ambition to go to New York this year till I saw this mail. Again many thanks...

epopnomis wrote: »
    Thanks a million for this had no ambition to go to New York this year till I saw this mail. Again many thanks...

Im actually heading to CT so this could well be handy for me, ill have to look into it.

Good to see its such a good deal its temted you to make the trip. Or are you just being sarcastic?

Its a bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

No sarcasm whatsoever. A few years back I got a deal for 250 return. But since then nothing like that. For me 335 is a great price... Might even opt for the couch surfing method for accommodation... Keep the costs down... Thanks again OP...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I flew with Delta Dublin to JFK for €335 return direct at the beginning of September last year.

Cheap fares do appear and Skyscanner is certainly a great source to check them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

tok9 wrote: »
    Fair enough, I really don't know too much regarding flights to the US.

They're at least 4 years old!

There has been cheaper ;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056786128

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Yeah, I used skyscanner for flights in November this yar.nbought them in August or so and get them for 335-340 return. We went via philedlphia but it was only a 2 hour layover so it wasn't too bad. The flights direct was over €600 at the time so it was worth it for me to hang about, especially when I was going for 2 weeks and was in no rush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

No sarcasm whatsoever. A few years back I got a deal for 250 return. But since then nothing like that. For me 335 is a great price... Might even opt for the couch surfing method for accommodation... Keep the costs down... Thanks again OP...

Shhh no talking about couchsurfing. :eek:;)

• Advertisement

What do you earn like 10 euro an hour?
    KPMG BABY!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭dessierb

Got flights Shannon to NYC direct, Thursday to Monday this November gone €305 return all in. Flew with United Lufthansa combined. You just have to keep an eye on all operators. No issues at all, on time, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭puddles and umbrellas

Thanks for this OP! Great bargain; skyscanner is an excellent website :)

Advertisement