Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quitting social smoking out of my life!

• 05-01-2013 1:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Hey all, never posted in here before so here I go. I am 27 years old, smoked on and off between ages 17-24. At 24 I quit smoking full time but since then I have smoked socially when I am out having a drink at the weekends. Its something I have always struggled to beat thus far. So for over 3 years now I have not smoked unless I am out having a few beers. So my new years resolution is to knock this on the head and get rid of the smokes I am having when drinking. It may partly help that I am having a dry January to recover after Christmas.

So basically just looking to see if others had similar situation where they had trouble quitting the social smokes from the habit. I have a few things i will work on when out such as:
    • Remember the first smoke I ever had and the coughing I had as my body told me to reject it.
    • Would I have more fun out in the smoking area on my own or enjoying a pint with friends? - This one to remember when I am out.
    • Other things such as price, smell of them and the impact on fitness/health

Any thoughts on this would be great to hear?

Chris85

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

This is a Pro Smoking forum OP. Long live Cigars!!!:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Moved from Smoking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

chris85 wrote: »

Any thoughts on this would be great to hear?

Chris85

if i could smoke like you, i'd probably be still smoking... unless you are drinking every night then i dont see why a few fags with a beer is a problem imo...

damn you :P

Advertisement