Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in manufacturing/factories/clean room environments?

Options
  • 05-01-2013 4:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I’m currently in the process of applying for my WHV and was just wondering if anyone who does not hold a degree found work in manufacturing/clean room environment jobs?

I have 4 years experience working in a molecular diagnostics company and in those 4 years I've worked in shipping, manufacturing and clean room environments where I'd be dispensing chemicals, calibrating machinery, maintaining sterile environments etc. On a CV, I suppose I'd be viewed as a fairly well trained up general operative

I notice a lot of people on boards are going over with serious degree qualifications but would love to hear from anybody who has come from a similar background to myself and if they have been lucky enough to pick up jobs in a field not too dissimilar to their occupation in Ireland

Thanks in advance for any replies/info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Hi folks,

I’m currently in the process of applying for my WHV and was just wondering if anyone who does not hold a degree found work in manufacturing/clean room environment jobs?

I have 4 years experience working in a molecular diagnostics company and in those 4 years I've worked in shipping, manufacturing and clean room environments where I'd be dispensing chemicals, calibrating machinery, maintaining sterile environments etc. On a CV, I suppose I'd be viewed as a fairly well trained up general operative

Did you work for Abbott by any chance? What molecular lines are you talking about PCR, DNA Sequencing?

Advertisement