Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cineworld prices

Options
  • 05-01-2013 4:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

does anyone on here know the prices of the popcorn and drink at cineworld in Dublin?? going for the first time tomorrow! :)

Comments

I can't recall exactly but it's not worth it, I think I paid ~€8 for a popcorn and coke once. You're better off just bringing your own stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

It's about a tenner. It's a total rip off.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It's about a tenner. It's a total rip off.

Same in all cinemas to be fair, nothing unique to Cineworld. As said, better off bringing your own stuff.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

not been to cinema in a long time, are any of the urban legends about people getting searched for "outside food" on the way in true?

I've never had any problem bringing in food (Santry, Savoy, Cineworld, Odeon by the Point)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

not been to cinema in a long time, are any of the urban legends about people getting searched for "outside food" on the way in true?

I've never had any problem bringing food in. I don't think they mind so long as you're discreet about it, but I've never ever heard of them searching bags!! That includes cineworld, savoy, santry and vue.

The only time I had my bag searched was when I was attending a special preview, but I think they were checking for hidden recording devices. They certainly didn't take any of my food off me anyway :P

They asked to check my friends bag once, but were just checking for alcohol :pac: he had food in it and they didn't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

The popcorn and drinks in cineworld definitely cost more than in other cinemas and personally I don't think their popcorn is anywhere near as nice as the Savoys.

I generally always bring my own bottle of water and chocolate treats and get popcorn there. You wont be searched if you have everything in a proper bag - ie not a Centra bag filled with cinema treats!!

A while ago, midweek, I was buying a cup of tea on my way in (normal enough, I would think) and the boy behind the till was like "Really?, it's more of a Sunday thing".... Grand cup of tea nonetheless!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 chubchub

Regular deal medium coke and popcorn 9.40 and go large for 50 cents more.

If u have cards u get 25% after yr 2 and 10% in first. Edited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its mainly how a cinema pays its wages and overheads, they dont make much off ticket prces.

im not making excuses for prices so dont bite my head off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

chubchub wrote: »
    Regular deal medium coke and popcorn 9.40 and go large for 50 cents more.

If u have cards u get 25% after yr and 10% in first

In an attempt to translate; does that mean 10% off in the first year and 25% after that? Does that include 'meal deals'?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 chubchub

In an attempt to translate; does that mean 10% off in the first year and 25% after that? Does that include 'meal deals'?

Why thank you so much for taking it upon yourself to translate. Yes it includes meals.

Advertisement