Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KPMG Drunk girl shutdown

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

No, but we asked her arse. We think it said ok.
    does your man have sir alex fergusons permission?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Their names were mentioned in the video, their uniforms were identified. It was known who they were - Do we need to mention the Six One and Independent articles again? (a direct result of the boards.ie exposure)

OK Then, they were identifiable, if you knew a lot of the girls in those schools.... I'll grant that. But their names were never mentioned on thread.

And Furthermore, mods have said that they made the wrong call there and future threads of the like will be closed. What more do you want from them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

K-9 wrote: »
    Barring going back and deleting an old thread I don't really know what more can be said on that and if we are being consistent we'd have to go back on similar threads and delete them.

I think us AH mods made the right call and that was out of concern for the girl, having a train wreck of a thread on AH where some would give her abuse, legal concerns are an issue as well. The thread was locked and the video snipped by an AH mod and it was the right thing to do, as proven by the over night thread posting peronal stuff identifying her etc.

I do think that should be done, but thats for the owners to do (or pay someone to do). However the horse I guess has bolted but it would be a good gesture.

Well then you'll have to admit that the AH mods made a very wrong call in allowing the Cork Girls thread to continue, and the cork regional forum mods for continuing to allow the Cork Characters thread to continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

OK Then, they were identifiable, if you knew a lot of the girls in those schools.... I'll grant that. But their names were never mentioned on thread.

And Furthermore, mods have said that they made the wrong call there and future threads of the like will be closed. What more do you want from them?

They were mentioned, well their first names anyway. It wouldn't take a detective armed with the name of the school and their first names to find their facebook etc.

Well then you'll have to admit that the AH mods made a very wrong call in allowing the Cork Girls thread to continue, and the cork regional forum mods for continuing to allow the Cork Characters thread to continue.

Wait a second....what the fook is wrong with the characters of Cork thread? It's discussing well known and usually beloved Corkconians. How the hell can anyone argue with that? Nothing negative gets said about them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

for continuing to allow the Cork Characters thread to continue.

I see where this is going, ban everything. Any poster must put their bus pass in the post as they discuss knitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

does he have pippa middletons permission to use that name?

Precisely. What happens if she goes for a job and they think her arse was a mod here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

90% of the posters here need to step away from the keyboard and chill. Ye's have all gone mad!!!

They were mentioned, well their first names anyway. It wouldn't take a detective armed with the name of the school and their first names to find their facebook etc.

Which wouldn't effect their future employment as I doubt anyone cares that much to go searching for their facebook. And then positively identifying them and then posting their full names with the video and details somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Not so sure about that tbh. Their first names were certainly repeated in the thread. Can't be arsed reading through it to see if surnames were mentioned.

• Advertisement

90% of the posters here need to step away from the keyboard and chill. Ye's have all gone mad!!!

No, there is still that ten percent, AND that's what matters in fact, just that 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

A couple of mods have said that about the video IIRC, I don't see much point in repeatedly apologising. I don't read the Cork board so can't give an opinion.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,573 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I read through all 553 posts in this thread and I feel so sorry for mods who have to deal with this sh1te. It's the weekend. You guys deserve some beers *

*not mine though. get yer own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I read through all 553 posts in this thread and I feel so sorry for mods who have to deal with this sh1te. It's the weekend. You guys deserve some beers *

[SIZE="1"]*not mine though. get yer own[/SIZE]

Amen to that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Why do all the mods get beer? Only a few of them are AH mods. The rest have nothing to do with it and are in no way deserving of any beer, be it a good beer or Budweiser.

Lyaiera wrote: »

Why do all the mods get beer? Only a few of them are AH mods. The rest have nothing to do with it and are in no way deserving of any beer, be it a good beer or Budweiser.

AH Mods get extra beer, I'm having beer regardless

MarkMc wrote: »

As a moderator, unless you are off duty, in which case your mod badge should be taken down, as a moderator you should be setting a good or better example.

gbee wrote: »
    As a moderator, unless you are off duty, in which case your mod badge should be taken down, as a moderator you should be setting a good or better example.

Nah, where's the fun in that, then people won't get to accuse mods of cronyism

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

MarkMc wrote: »

Extra beer you say? AH is going to be great fun tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

K-9 wrote: »
    Well I wouldn't have been aware of it if it hadn't been posted on AH and the Irish Economy forum (ffs ;)), that's still irrelevant to Boards allowing it or not. I still think it was the right thing to do, extra feedback doesn't really bother me, the decision is either right or it isn't.

I think it was the right thing to do, I just hope other threads like this get the same treatment in the future.
    How was I supposed to know it was for charity? I've been on the site ages, and I never saw it anywhere, and I'm sorry, charity or not, I still don't think it's an appropriate name. Why can't you take a charity name that's not related to a woman's arse.

And new people coming to the site definitely wont know it's for charity they'll just see the name and think that's a bit annoying.

Whatever about rolling your eyes, if I think something looks idiotic I can comment on it.

I just feel a bit annoyed with Boards in general! Feelings are high around here today! It's the most annoyed I've ever felt at boards actually.

You can indeed comment, and so can I. And I thought your post was idiotic, hence the eyeroll.
    I'd stll be rolling my eyes whether or not it was for charity tbh. Usernames make feck all difference to anything - sure look at mine and the (accidental!) initials. :pac:

Anyway this is all offtopic.

+1000 to that.
    Hope DeV rolls out some extra coke 'n hookers! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

AH is never fun on a Saturday night. By the time I get home later (4.30/5 probably) everyone will have forgotten about KPMG girl and will instead be ranting that "all Irish women are b*tches" because some girl rejected their mixed metaphor ridden, cringeworthy pickup lines ;)

How many of us will end up in the prison forum in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

This must be approaching record thread length territory for feedback at this stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

pithater1 wrote: »
    This must be approaching record thread length territory for feedback at this stage...

Run a search with the filters for threads with the most replies in Feedback, it's coming up on the first page.

Madness Ted! :P

gbee wrote: »

But drunk modding is great fun :p

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

How was I supposed to know it was for charity? I've been on the site ages, and I never saw it anywhere, and I'm sorry, charity or not, I still don't think it's an appropriate name. Why can't you take a charity name that's not related to a woman's arse.

And new people coming to the site definitely wont know it's for charity they'll just see the name and think that's a bit annoying.

Whatever about rolling your eyes, if I think something looks idiotic I can comment on it.

I just feel a bit annoyed with Boards in general! Feelings are high around here today! It's the most annoyed I've ever felt at boards actually.

It has nothing to do with a women's arse per say. I posted a picture of my arse and it's people taking the piss out of me. I am the butt of the joke. :)

Don't be seeing something that isn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

So I got as far as page 14 until i had to skip forward. I can't for the life of me understand why people are making such a big deal of this, it's a complete non story that has the potential to be something a whole lot worse.

Fair play to the mods, you had your work cut for the last few days. If I ever bump in to any of you in a pub in the future, you'll be having a drink on me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

It has nothing to do with a women's arse per say. I posted a picture of my arse and it's people taking the piss out of me. I am the butt of the joke. :)

Don't be seeing something that isn't there.

And a fine arse it is (has another peek)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jblack

Having the read the first few, and the last couple of pages of this extremely contentious thread, one thing strikes me, as it did when that poor lad got run over on Dawson Street before christmas - the law on recording people in public needs to be tightened up.

Perhaps this is one for legal discussion.

Back on point - I doubt the girl feels too proud of this. She is probably hiding in her (extensive) wardrobe behind some La Boutin shoes with the fear of god in her. She will suffer badly regardless of what happens here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Have no problem with boards closing this thread. The double standards is a fair point though.

I reported a Facebook page today making fun of her with memes. There was some amount of scumbags on it saying horrible things. Disgraceful stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement