Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone got a good Darth Vader costume I could borrow/rent?

Options
  • 05-01-2013 7:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Howdy,

My friend and I are making a comedy short as part of my thesis project for university and need a Darth Vader costume. I've considered buying a costume online but the choices are "cheap and crap" or "authentic and bank-breaking".

We would like to borrow or rent a costume from someone for a couple of days to get the scenes shot. It has to be able to pass off as an expensive prop with the aide of some color-grading and nifty camera work. It needs to be a pretty big costume - I'm playing Vader and I'm 6ft 5" and 42" chest.

Does anyone have good Darth Vader costume or know anyone that they could ask? Anywhere in the country is fine, We'd be willing to go road trippin' for it.

If I'm posting this in the wrong section someone let me know!

EDIT: I'm now planning to make most of the costume from scratch. Someone is going to lend me the helmet and chest box. The rest of the costume will be homemade. I may post a gallery here of me making it.

Advertisement