If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.1 system

Options
  • 05-01-2013 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm looking to buy my first home cinema set. It's for a small bedroom and there's not a whole lot of space. I've decided on the Yamaha VX373 receiver and I'm thinking maybe 2 Cambridge Minx11's with it. Will that work or will I also need a sub? Would the Cambridge S80 suit?
    Cheers,

Steve

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I'm looking to buy my first home cinema set. It's for a small bedroom and there's not a whole lot of space. I've decided on the Yamaha VX373 receiver and I'm thinking maybe 2 Cambridge Minx11's with it. Will that work or will I also need a sub? Would the Cambridge S80 suit?
    Cheers,

Steve

Dear Steve,

thanks for the post and congrats on starting your Home Cinema setup :D

The MIN11's are brilliant but are really too small to give you any effective audio quality without a subwoofer..the Cambridge Audio S80 will work great but the correct matching sub is actually the Minx x200 at £249.95
    showimage.php?image=307949.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

...However if it was me I would try to get a proper compact surround system ( I know that space is tight) and I'd start with something like the Pioneer SHS100 at just £99.95 or even better the Tannoy SFX kit, which with the Yamaha RXV373 is now just £349.95: http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-system-deals/pah01858

If you wanted to sick with the original plan and go for 2 * Minx Min 11's and an S80 with the RXV373 - the normal price should be £460 but I can do a Boardie special at £379.95

Thanks again for the opportunity to quote and drop me a line if you have any other queries,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cmrui_costa

Hi John and crew,

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. That last deal is brilliant so I'll take that. Just to be sure that's the VX373, two Min11's and the S80 sub. I'll also have to get some speaker cable and get it delivered to Dublin. Do you want to pm me so we can sort it out?

Thanks again,

Stephen

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi John and crew,

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. That last deal is brilliant so I'll take that. Just to be sure that's the VX373, two Min11's and the S80 sub. I'll also have to get some speaker cable and get it delivered to Dublin. Do you want to pm me so we can sort it out?

Thanks again,

Stephen

Stephen,

Thanks for the order and apologies for the delay getting back to you - I thought you might like that price - I was using my sharpest pencil at the time!

How much speaker cable do you guess you would need and I'll work you out a good price - you will also need a sub-link and I have a great deal on a top end 1.5mtr component cable that works really well as a Sub link - I'll work you up a system deal on the bundle including delivery & I'll try to keep the price hovering around the £400 mark for you..

If you PM me your contact details I'll get one of the guys to give you a shout to get the delivery all arranged for you.

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.