Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd level student loan

Options
  • 05-01-2013 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hey! I was just wondering was it possible to apply for a 3rd level student loan/overdraft in any boi branch, as im in college and it would be handier for me to go to a nearby branch? If so, how long would it normally take for the money to be in my account, as I have to get a new laptop due to my current one breaking and may be waiting for another four weeks for my grant to come! Just one further question. Is it possible to pay back a loan at once, as I'd prefer to do that rather than paying it over the course of a year? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Cardor,

Thanks for your post. You are free to apply for the Loan or Overdraft in any Bank of Ireland branch. An application for an Overdraft Facility on your Current Account can take approximately 2-3 working days for a decision to be made. Loan applications can take a bit longer. Sometimes a decision can up to 10 working days.

We wouldn't be able to give you a definite answer as to whether you would be able to repay a Loan with a single payment. You would need to discuss this with the branch. Please contact your local branch and make an appointment to speak to the Personal Lending Advisor. They will be able to discuss what repayment options are available to you. You can find the conatct details for your nearest branch here.

Please note: All Overdraft and Loan applications would be assessed on a case by case basis.

I hope this helps and if there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement