Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin pokemon league - Virbank pokemon season starting

Options
  • 05-01-2013 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, Dublin pokemon league is back on the 8th January 2013. Come for the bants! The badges. The badge case!

When its on? - Tuesday's, 6 - 9pm

Where? - Gamersworld on jervis street dublin. If your stuck, then walk right along henry street till you get to toymaster, then left and walk straight, across the luas line. Its super easy to find.

What do I need to play? - Pokemon trading cards, or a DS with a pokemon game, preferrbaly both. All games are welcome, and all cards from all sets are welcome to be played, since we play unlimited format.

How much does it cost? - A fiver. But there's a booster pack included in that price. So, your only paying a quid really.

Anymore questions, leave them here. And come down on, everyones welcome.

Comments

:( i cannot come but can i atleast get a badge case ill pay for it will you have the new wave and toxic badges i have all other from gen 1 to present on my wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

3887_4520988657595_1162645086_n.jpg

307554_4520985497516_1662723416_n.jpg

Fairly slow attendance last week, but it was our first week back, we're on again this Tuesday :D

Just a remainder, we're on again tonight, double points for playing, so come on down.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Woobat trainer 1

Is it on tonight

Sure is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 D _what

Hey there! I've been meaning to join boards for this for a while, figured I'd do it now - I'm a 2ndyr UL student who's going to be working in Dublin for Co-Op from late March to late January, and I've been looking for stuff to do in Dublin while there (I know, spoiled for choice) and actually a lot of my friends down here play Pokemon (tcg anyway) pretty often, so I suggested to them we make a thing of coming to this.

Basically I'd kind of like to become a familiar face while I'm around for the 8 months?? And as for everyone else (we're SORT OF an unofficial Limerick League, there's at least 7-8 people who've played regularly over the last year and many more who know how) I can promise that I can bring a crowd over a few times while I'm there if you want bigger numbers. Some of the younger guys are using theme decks at the moment but most of my friends are at least semi-competitive (Hammertime and Accelgor-lock for preference in my case) and generally play Modified. Generally. Only a few of us play the video games but again in my case I can at least promise some decent competitive battles... unless you don't like OU weather teams :/

tl;dr

What's the yearly schedule like for the league? Tuesdays 6:00-9:00, sure, but is that every week, 3/4 weeks, etc, how often are there changes, are there any breaks over Christmas and summer? Because most of the guys won't be on Co-Op until after Christmas so summer's the best time to get everyone up, but if before the coming exams we get a Tuesday and Wednesday free I think I could get a small crowd up for a night so you guys can see if you can stand our company :0 I'm only sort of joking.

(also 'gratz on being an actual league. When I saw the details up on Pokemon.com last week I actually understood what patriotism feels like. It was glorious. :pac: )

D _what wrote: »
    Hey there! I've been meaning to join boards for this for a while, figured I'd do it now - I'm a 2ndyr UL student who's going to be working in Dublin for Co-Op from late March to late January, and I've been looking for stuff to do in Dublin while there (I know, spoiled for choice) and actually a lot of my friends down here play Pokemon (tcg anyway) pretty often, so I suggested to them we make a thing of coming to this.

Basically I'd kind of like to become a familiar face while I'm around for the 8 months?? And as for everyone else (we're SORT OF an unofficial Limerick League, there's at least 7-8 people who've played regularly over the last year and many more who know how) I can promise that I can bring a crowd over a few times while I'm there if you want bigger numbers. Some of the younger guys are using theme decks at the moment but most of my friends are at least semi-competitive (Hammertime and Accelgor-lock for preference in my case) and generally play Modified. Generally. Only a few of us play the video games but again in my case I can at least promise some decent competitive battles... unless you don't like OU weather teams :/

tl;dr

What's the yearly schedule like for the league? Tuesdays 6:00-9:00, sure, but is that every week, 3/4 weeks, etc, how often are there changes, are there any breaks over Christmas and summer? Because most of the guys won't be on Co-Op until after Christmas so summer's the best time to get everyone up, but if before the coming exams we get a Tuesday and Wednesday free I think I could get a small crowd up for a night so you guys can see if you can stand our company :0 I'm only sort of joking.

(also 'gratz on being an actual league. When I saw the details up on Pokemon.com last week I actually understood what patriotism feels like. It was glorious. :pac: )

We took like a month break over christmas. Once the summer starts(as in, not everyone got college/work every day) we'll be going back to Tuesday, 1 -4 in the afternoon. Summer sounds best, we're hoping to pull the bigger crowd back in then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I might be able to make a few of the summer meetings myself.

cloud493 wrote: »
    We took like a month break over christmas. Once the summer starts(as in, not everyone got college/work every day) we'll be going back to Tuesday, 1 -4 in the afternoon. Summer sounds best, we're hoping to pull the bigger crowd back in then.

Kudos for the quick reply. Sounds pretty cool; I'll be honest, 1-4pm on a Tuesday during the summer to my mind is a brilliant time to be doing anything remotely fun. (Except that it fits completely neatly on top of my working hours, but I'll roll with it; days off and stuff. Gosh I hate my job already) It's good news for everyone else down here at least. Incidentally, are there any days before the summer that definitely won't be on? It'd be nice to know in case we show up early. Unlikely but possible.

(Also I've been reminded to ask how cool/available the badge cases are. People like swag I guess. :rolleyes: )

None in paticular I can think of(days we won't be) if we're not playing its posted here or the Facebook group.
    And the badges cases are not in yet. But there are cool badges to get ;)

• Advertisement

Great. Actually we'll most likely be heading up to Dublin over Easter anyway - though I couldn't guess the group size. If it's just my friends then call it five, maybe six. That'll probably be the 26th of March, so I guess I look forward to seeing everyone there? :0

If you guys really want a large turnout then I could rally the troops on my end. There's at least 13 people who on any given day would be interested in going. I doubt I'd get those numbers, but I could try if you're interested.

(P.S this is silly but do you think anyone has a regular Mew EX they're not using that they'd trade for a full-art Kyurem EX? FA Kyurem EX is worth $3 more on T&T so they'd be getting the better end of the deal. I'd rather not have to buy two for my Accelgor deck :/)

Sounds like good banta :D I don't have a new myself, but I'm sure someone would do that trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

1-4 in the afternoon!? Aww man, I'll be working. I am extremely opposed to this.

I boo you, sir. Boo!

Thats not till the summer man. Like, May, June odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

It's been bugging me for over a year, I have to ask : is "banta" the Greystones spelling of banter or some 21st century thing the yoofs are saying cause Craic feels a bit too furey brothers? Or is it a star wars reference and if so where does that leave the humble Wamp Rat?

Banta is the way we super cool british people say banter :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kzamll1992

@cloud493, you're probably getting sick of me replying to all your threads! But is there only a meet up on the Tuesdays at that time? Weekdays are usually hectic (i'm on work experience in blanchardstown) but Tuesdays are especially unsuitable for me!

I am just asking out curiosity! Like hopefully i will be able to make it in somedays!

Unofrtunately so. We did discuss it quite a lot back in October when we moved from the afternoon to the night, but Tuesday was the only day we could get all our players(or the majority anyway) We'll be moving back to our original time slot within a month or so though.

I definitely wont be able to attend the 1-4 slot anyways!! (work is from 8.30 to 4.30)

thank you very much for all your help though! I will keep my eye on this thread... in case i can ever attend something! :D

We don't start playing till six, and its not a 6pm sharp start, you can come at any time :)

• Advertisement

i have to skype the girlfriend tuesday evenings, she's on her work experience in tenerife (i got blanchardstown!) and thats her only day off!! so it's our only chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AmmithakaRuth

Will there be juniors?

We try to spilt it, yeah. Juniors and seniors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AmmithakaRuth

I'm pretty sorry for these questions and stuff but it's competitive battling right? Like EV/IV trained Pokemon?
    Thanks a lot : D

Well EV's. But you've got your fair share of people who aren't that good, like me :P

what about pokesav?

Nobody at league would use that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Largely because we don't cheat :P

just out of curiosity (i swear i'm not a pedo) what age group does the meet up generally attract??

• Advertisement

Our youngest is ten, oldest is... mid twenties. Our age bracket would be roughly late teens early twenties.

Advertisement