Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elderly woman beaten in Buncrana

Options
  • 05-01-2013 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I am absolutely shocked and disgusted at this story breaking today .I live here and am ashamed to say that there are a lot of scum around our lovely town .I have noticed in the last few years that locals are very slow to condemn any anti-social behavior. I think it is because everyone is related to each other and don't want to be seen as stirring more trouble .A certain group who are taking over from their parents who terrorised the town. you have the wee ****es who drive mad in cars, tractors and quads.
    <snip>

I hope to god they are caught and locked up for a long time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

sick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

They should be put down..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Reading that story made me sick to the core of my stomach. The poor defenceless old lady. What kind of sicko punches a 96 year old lady in the ribs. Her life will never be the same, she'll always be living in fear. Hope they find the culprits asap and give them the punishment they deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

lovechips wrote: »
    I am absolutely shocked and disgusted at this story breaking today .I live here and am ashamed to say that there are a lot of scum around our lovely town .I have noticed in the last few years that locals are very slow to condemn any anti-social behavior. I think it is because everyone is related to each other and don't want to be seen as stirring more trouble .A certain group who are taking over from their parents who terrorised the town. you have the wee ****es who drive mad in cars, tractors and quads.
    <snip>

I hope to god they are caught and locked up for a long time.

No just no! I've had to snip part of the post, a part that made sweeping generalisations. I enjoy a rant as much as the next person but that but crossed the line. Please no more.

It is without doubt a bloody horrible assault. The culprits need to be caught and dealt with sooner rather than later as I'd dread to think what they would do if a proper fight was put up to them.

Here's the story on the RTE site in case anyone hasn't seen it yet. http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0105/woman-96-hospitalised-after-donegal-burglary.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

This makes me so mad these scum bags should be hunted down and hung of the first tree .Any one that enters in to a house to steel and beat a person to a pulp has no right to stand and be seen by any court utter scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Aggravated assult they said on the news. What the hell aggravated these two into assulting a 96 year old for just a bit of money.

Unfortunalty knowing our justice system they'll probably just get off with a suspended sentence.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

irish-stew wrote: »
    Unfortunalty knowing our justice system they'll probably just get off with a suspended sentence.
    Sadly true.

Oh it takes real guts for some self proclaimed "hard man" to punch a 96 year old woman. Its one of those times you just wish you were walking past when it happened and while I don't normally agree with violence I would make an exception in his case :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

muffler wrote: »
    While I don't normally agree with violence I would make an exception in his case :mad:

I'm in total agreement. We'd probably end up doing time for it though, although needless to say it would be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

This is horrible not only for the victim and anyone connected to her, but for any older person living alone in the area. For everyone's sake let's hope these people are caught soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Vigilante.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Kinzig

This was one of the lowest things ive ever heard, I hope these guys are found for the sake of other elderly folks living on their own, these guys must have local knowledge and I for one would happily take them for a short walk into the forest..one way mind you!:(

A "man" (although he clearly isn't much of a man) has been arrested in Burt for this. Hope he gets named soon. By talking to people about this he would want to hope he gets sent away for a good while so nobody can get access to him!

http://donegalnow.com/sp/article_manager/detail/man_arrested_over_burglary_of_96yearold_woman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

So, is that a picture of her house, or his?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

mitosis wrote: »

Do you see any wheels?

mitosis wrote: »

That would be Margaret Lilly, the victims, house.

Binish wrote: »
    I think it,s quite shamming to beat a elderly women or any elder person. As we need to protect adn takecare of of our elders, instead of hurting them in such a bad way. It's quite disgusting to here aboutsuch an act.

Its just pure cowardly, also heard reports of two men gaining access to an elderly persons home in Donegal Town pretending to be from one of the Utility Companies.

I called to my Grans house one evening over the weekend at 7pm. Door was locked, now I know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lovechips

The attacker may be caught but I doubt that poor woman will ever live without fear again .She may get some solace from the amount of support that has come from the town .there is a collection now to buy her the windows she was saving for and another man put up €5000 reward .It has united the local people and re lit my faith in human nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Its quite possible that this guy did it and its possible the Garda know he did it, but this might be one of those arrests just to please the community and he'll be released tomorrow due to lack of evidence. I hope not.

What the hell is going on in this wee county? Last night again more pensioners homes broken into, one 65yo locked into his garden shed, another 80yo lady was beaten up,both incidents carried out by 5 "men", Gardai are looking for a grey coloured proton car. Seems they called to the door of the house's earlier in the day pretending to be selling stuff.

This along with the other recent spate of burglaries with a good few of them targeting defenceless (apart from the one in manor :D) pensioners. Lowlifes! Action needs to be taken, and soon before anything ore serious happens.

http://www.highlandradio.com/2013/01/16/two-further-robberies-of-older-persons-reported-in-muff-anc-buncrana/

• Advertisement

What the hell is going on in this wee county? Last night again more pensioners homes broken into, one 65yo locked into his garden shed, another 80yo lady was beaten up,both incidents carried out by 5 "men", Gardai are looking for a grey coloured proton car. Seems they called to the door of the house's earlier in the day pretending to be selling stuff.

This along with the other recent spate of burglaries with a good few of them targeting defenceless (apart from the one in manor :D) pensioners. Lowlifes! Action needs to be taken, and soon before anything ore serious happens.

http://www.highlandradio.com/2013/01/16/two-further-robberies-of-older-persons-reported-in-muff-anc-buncrana/

And an attack in Pettigo over the weekend. Am wondering if there could be a link in these attacks, as there was also one in Lisnaskea across the boarder in Fermanagh recently as well.

Advertisement