Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red rings - dead or not?

Options
  • 05-01-2013 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Turned on my 360 this morning for the first time in oh about a year to be greeted with red flashing lights. It looks like all 4, but it's possible that only 3 are flashing, and the fourth is getting a contact flash. If I stand the xbox up on its side with the hd on the top, it would be the one going from 12 o clock to 3 o clock that's NOT necessarily flashing.

Thinking it might be the a/v, I swapped out the vga cable with a standard scart cable from an old 360, and the lights remained the same. I'm getting mixed messages online, but I'm leaning towards banjaxed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

4 red lights = video issue, can usually be resolved by trying different cables, TVs and making sure everything is connected securely. If all of this is done at the issues persists = repair with 2 year warranty in Ireland.

3 red lights = unplug everything including PSU, plug it back in. If this doesn't resolve = repair with 3 year warranty.

If you're outside of warranty, you can book a repair for a fee online with MS or you can get it repaired locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Nope, even tried swapping out the power brick. Getting green light on PSU. Official site is telling me I need to pay for a repair, I'm not sure I'll bother :)

Advertisement