Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No signal reception for mobile phone networks in my house??!!

Options
  • 05-01-2013 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    Looking for solutions/suggestions.Moved into my new house earlier but despite trying various network SIM cards in my htc phone I am oftentimes unable to make/receive a call.Oftentimes received calls go straight to voicemail and I only become aware of same some hours later.At times I am unable to send/receive texts or there are substantial delays.I have tried vodafone,3 and now lycamobile SIM cards.The house is extremely well insulated with a solid second floor.Other individuals have the same problems with their phones in the house.This problem is isolated to my phone in the house so it does not appear to be a problem with my htc sensation.Any techno experts have any ideas as to how I can overcome this difficulty?I am loath to consider putting a landline phone in situ.
    Selig

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Seems that you have tried 3 of the 4 networks. Have you tried Meteor/eMobile? You can get a free sim on their website to test.

Other options include getting a Vodafone signal booster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

All that foil backed insulation acts like a Faraday cage we have woeful reception for the same reason. If you have ok GSM reception you should be able to tell your phone not to use 3g when you're at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Thanks for your help guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

If you have fixed home broadband you can get the sure signal device from Vodafone, it gives you full reception in your house, but your mobile (not the broadband) needs to be with vodafone. I have one and it works a treat in the backspot that is my house.

Advertisement