Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of name on account

Options
  • 05-01-2013 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,

Our ESB bill for the house is in my mothers name , but she passed away some time ago. Is it possible just to change the name on the account? Everything else remains the same as we still live here and will continue to do so.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi baaah,

Sorry to hear of your mother's passing. It would be best to create a new account in the name of the person who is to take over responsibility for the bills; if you PM me the relevant details (see here), I'll ensure that it is changed over without any hassle.

Regards,

David

• Registered Users Posts: 30 baaah

Thanks for this David

Pm sent now

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Seanieo

My sister-in-law is now in the same situation as baaah. Electric Ireland is forcing her to pay 300 euro just to change the name on the account.
    It seems a bit harsh. It is a difficult enough time following a bereavement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Seanieo,

We're sorry to hear of your sister-in-law's bereavement; is she in a position to contact us on Boards.ie herself? Do you know whether she had an account with Electric Ireland previously?

New customers would generally be required to pay a security deposit of €300 (refundable after 14 months, or six clear bills); however, if they sign up to direct debit, there is no security deposit requirement.

We hope this helps. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement