Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&E Charge!

Options
  • 05-01-2013 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi,

If you have an NI number do you still have to pay this charge of £119.00?? Live in the south but had to attend A&E in enniskillen hence the bill, but I do have an NI number as work in the north.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

not sure, but I THINK it's based on residency.

you live in the South therefore you pay.

but I'm not sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

tracey1098 wrote: »
    Hi,

If you have an NI number do you still have to pay this charge of £119.00?? Live in the south but had to attend A&E in enniskillen hence the bill, but I do have an NI number as work in the north.

NI number?? Are you talking about a social security number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

It's based on residency. Having a national insurance number is of no use if your address is in the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭tracey1098

muffler wrote: »
    NI number?? Are you talking about a social security number?

Yes social security number is same as national insurance no

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭tracey1098

I still have an address in the north - could i swing it this way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭narkymarky

As far as I know as a resident of an EU country the costs should be covered by your own national health provider. Was in a similar situation a few years back - on holidays in Sligo, permanent address in the north. At the time all was needed was address and GP details on the hospital admission forms. We did have our E111 forms but I don't think they were an issue. Check out this HSE link http://www.ehic.ie/ and hopefully it'll get you sorted.

Advertisement