Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 seemingly stuck in recovery mode

• 05-01-2013 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Just bought a brand new iPhone 5 on Thursday from 3 in The Square, Tallaght.

My nano sim was taking a while to activate, but was still able to use the phone for apps, iMessage etc and all was going fine. Woke up to my alarms this morning and shut them off to have another half hour in bed. When I woke back up, my phone was off.

Any attempt to turn it back on just showed the boot logo which flashed and went back off. I did a hard reset and got the connect to iTunes screen. I did that and iTunes said an iPhone was found in recovery mode and would need a restore. I set it to restore, and it failed while extracting the software. Now iTunes wont recognise it and my iPHone goes between the flashing Apple logo and the connect to iTunes screen.

Anyone experience anything like this? Is there anything else I can try? Is my only option to send it to Apple? Very annoying with a brand new phone, especially when I was already annoyed at how long my sim was taking to port.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Seems to be sorted now. No idea why that happened. Had to do another hard reset and restart iTunes, recognised and restored. Hopefully something or nothing, but if it happens again any time soon I'll contact Apple.

Advertisement