Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy nice digital piano near/in Dublin

Options
  • 05-01-2013 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to buy a nice digital piano and live in Dublin (Raheny).
    I would like something with fully weighted and graded keys, that comes in a nice piano case (preferably white).

I am looking for a digital one, so that I don't annoy my family and neighbours with me practicing. This means that I'm not too mad about any of the 'digital' features, I really just want a good piano like sound and a good piano like feel on the keys. And all of that in a decent looking piano case.

I am not opposed to buying online, but if there is any place in/near Dublin, I would prefer to buy locally.

I'd be very grateful for any recommendations you guys have for me (online and offline shops).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kirb42

Hi, GermanicGaloreu... I would seriously take a look at the second hand market... Adverts, Donedeal...anything by Yamaha and Roland and you won't go wrong...Weighted keys are a must, midi or USB imputs also...If space is an issue, a digital stage piano might be an option also..
    identical sounds, without the piano frame...most digital piano's offer several alternative sounds included... strings, organ, electric piano... drums and background beats are common across the range... above all else, enjoy it...hope the info helps....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I saw a nice Yamaha model in Music Maker which has a nice sound and weighted action and a couple of other piano "voices." There's a couple of other instrument sellers in that area including Waltons so that'd be a good area to go in the City Centre. Other than that you could have a look in Pianos Plus who are in the industrial estate off the Kylemore Road, just near the Red Cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭GermanicGalore

Hi, thanks for the answers. I will check out those shops.
    I've had a look online earlier and found this page:

http://www.chasedirect.co.uk

I was thinking about something similar to this:
    http://www.chasedirect.co.uk/pianos-keyboards/digital-pianos/chase-cdp-247r-digital-piano-in-rosewood-138-voices-100-styles

Any thoughts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

As mentioned above Musicmaker, waltons and Opus 2 in town, there are a few shops around that area. If you are out in Piano Plus it would be worth dropping into Xmusic, they have a paino and keyboard section upstairs. Online there the likes of http://www.thomann.de but if you can find what you are looking for in Ireland then why not. If you are going to buy online it is worth at least going to the shops and trying out the pianos so you know what you are getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭GermanicGalore

I would rather not go for a hemingway. I have read a lot of negative reviews on this one.
    Has anyone heard of the chasedirect pianos? It's hard to find reviews.

Advertisement