Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

power washers

Options
  • 05-01-2013 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Anywhere in the city i can rent a power washer for a few days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

pierce hire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

What you using it for? I know you may not be in a position to buy a power washer but theres some great deals out there at the moment on power washers, if you look in the likes of argos youll see a shed load of them to compare with.

Id also say pierce hire if you dont buy one, someone might lend you one off here;)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭skinnyboy

What you using it for? I know you may not be in a position to buy a power washer but theres some great deals out there at the moment on power washers, if you look in the likes of argos youll see a shed load of them to compare with.

Id also say pierce hire if you dont buy one, someone might lend you one off here;)
    Just for power washing down the back yard and front yard just a general clean up really,yea was thinking of buying one but if i buy one and use it once i dunno when ill use it again ha thats why i think id be better off renting one.

skinnyboy wrote: »
    Just for power washing down the back yard and front yard just a general clean up really,yea was thinking of buying one but if i buy one and use it once i dunno when ill use it again ha thats why i think id be better off renting one.

Ah no havent you heard power washing is addictive, the funny thing is once you have it done youll go wow thats great but give it a month or two and it will be back the way it was and youll be itchin to get the power hose out, theyre handy to have and if kine broke id deffo look at getting a replacement, you could also look to getting the job done for you, if you gonna rent a machine like, I thimk you can pay someone to do it for as little as 20 euro these days,

Ah no havent you heard power washing is addictive, the funny thing is once you have it done youll go wow thats great but give it a month or two and it will be back the way it was and youll be itchin to get the power hose out, theyre handy to have and if kine broke id deffo look at getting a replacement, you could also look to getting the job done for you, if you gonna rent a machine like, I thimk you can pay someone to do it for as little as 20 euro these days,
    Ha yea done it before and i think i tried to clean everything in my sight,yea looks like your after persuading me to buy one now,only problem is ive no tap out my back so i will have to connect it to a tap in the kitchen you can pick up connectors for that can ya?ah id rather do it myself now haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

We got a guy with an advert in the Waterford Today paper to install an outdoor tap.

€60 and great value .

We got a guy with an advert in the Waterford Today paper to install an outdoor tap.

€60 and great value .
    Goway really??thats great value

skinnyboy wrote: »
    Ha yea done it before and i think i tried to clean everything in my sight,yea looks like your after persuading me to buy one now,only problem is ive no tap out my back so i will have to connect it to a tap in the kitchen you can pick up connectors for that can ya?ah id rather do it myself now haha

Are ye anyway a handy? If you have a drill and a large bit you can pop a hole to get from your kitchen tap through to the back garden, You can buy an outdoor tap kit for about 20 euros, the supply is taken from your kitchen cold tap under the sink, it just saddles onto the pipe and you twist it till it pierse the pipe and you have your supply, next time your in woodies or B+Q go the plumbing section and youll see the outside tap, if your not upto it you can get a plumber to do it for 60 like the other poster said,

I find the power hose very useful.

Go to Argos and compare the Karcher one with other brands, Ive a karcher but theres some power hoses with better power and bar and length, like it will give ye all the capacities of the other machines, they might not last as long as the karcher but check them out, you also might get a good deal now with the sales! I must have a look on the argos now and see.

Go to Argos and compare the Karcher one with other brands, Ive a karcher but theres some power hoses with better power and bar and length, like it will give ye all the capacities of the other machines, they mig
    ht not last as long as the karcher but check them out, you also might get a good deal now with the sales! I must have a look on the argos now and see.
    Thanks for all the info spankmemunkey,wouldnt be that handy to be honest but didnt think it would be that cheap to get done,just ordered one for 115euro on littlewoods,dont have the cash to buy one straight out.

• Advertisement

What one did you get? Must check out littlewoods Ireland, didnt know you could pay on the HP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Are ye anyway a handy? If you have a drill and a large bit you can pop a hole to get from your kitchen tap through to the back garden, You can buy an outdoor tap kit for about 20 euros, the supply is taken from your kitchen cold tap under the sink, it just saddles onto the pipe and you twist it till it pierse the pipe and you have your supply, next time your in woodies or B+Q go the plumbing section and youll see the outside tap, if your not upto it you can get a plumber to do it for 60 like the other poster said,

I find the power hose very useful.

If you are going to do this, first, make absolutely sure you know how to turn off the water supply in case it goes wrong. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    If you are going to do this, first, make absolutely sure you know how to turn off the water supply in case it goes wrong. :)

you'll need to have the water supply off first to fit the fittings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

you'll need to have the water supply off first to fit the fittings.

Some people might think turning the tap off will be enough.

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Some people might think turning the tap off will be enough.

Ah this is an opportunity to be a right smart arse. Turning the tap off will just stop water spilling everywhere FROM THE TAP!

If your connecting to the pipe BELOW the tap then its pointless relying on the tap to stop water flow where your working

Advertisement