Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy food in bulk around Dublin city

Options
  • 05-01-2013 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Is anybody aware of a supermarket (or other food shop) where one can buy (food) products in bulk (as in products are typically in bins and containers and shoppers help them selve to the quantity they want and label the product with number code) in Dublin???
    Talking about oats and frozen chicken breasts

Thanks for any replies

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Food & Drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

I've never been there (only noted them on invoices in work) but there's a Cash & Carry in Dublin 8 called Elliots (www.elliotts.ie) and a Musgraves in Ballymun (www.musgravegroup.com)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

I've never been there (only noted them on invoices in work) but there's a Cash & Carry in Dublin 8 called Elliots (www.elliotts.ie) and a Musgraves in Ballymun (www.musgravegroup.com)

I have dealt with both and you need a VAT number to deal them, even though the former are a lot smaller than musgraves.

OP, courtneys butchers in the KCR industrial estate sell cases of fillets in multiples of 30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

You could try Leydens in fairview, but I'm pretty sure they're trade only. Theres a factory shop butchers in Artane, just off the roundabout at Artane castle

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Electric

The Asia Market on Drury Street does huge sacks of rice. Not sure about the price though. I think with most cash n' carry's you need to be registered for VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the ethnic food shop in the gpo arcade has sacks of rice too

leydens and cooks cash and carry are both trade only

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Cash and carrys are usually more expensive than supermarkets if you're not getting the VAT back. You would be better talking to a small store about getting a bulk order for you.

Advertisement