Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get canadian dollars?

Options
  • 05-01-2013 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

So I am off to Vancouver the 27th and am looking to change my euros to dollars.

Does anyone know the best place with the least amount of commission for changing the cash?

Also the last time I was in Canada was 5 years ago, has the cash changed since then? I heard it is plastic now? Is every note plastic or just some?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Hopefully someone can recommend a good place as i was just thinking this meself. are you going to bring cash with you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Hopefully someone can recommend a good place as i was just thinking this meself. are you going to bring cash with you?

Gonna bring some cash with me probably about 500 dollars. Maybe a bit more and keep the rest in the bank.

Always handy to have some cash on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Any updates on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Frostine

I would say any bank would be your best bet to exchange money. Only the $20, $50 and $100's are polymer so far, but the $5's and $10's will be coming this year I believe.http://www.bankofcanada.ca/banknotes/bank-note-series/polymer/ Here's some examples.
    And the $1 and $2 coins are called "Loonies" and "Toonies". The dollar coin has a picture of a Loon(water bird) on the back, that's why it's called a Loonie and Toonie just rhymes and it's $2.:)

Is there a best deal out there to buy canadaian dollars,are all the banks the same, i know the post office do not sell c/dollars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

Cuurency fair mate is the best all round much better then any bank rate.

Do they sell cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

no done over bank transition set up an account with them and transfer that way cuts out the middle man i.e the banks so we make more profit:D

Could i get an english translation of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Skinnykenyan

Canada???

.... Ill get my coat

Post office maybe?

Edit: post office dosnt it seems

• Advertisement
Advertisement