Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious problems with my rented apartment

Options
  • 05-01-2013 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

well i have few issues with the apartment.ill start at one end is proably easier. the bathroom there is mold growing on the walls that black horrible damp mold i tried wiping it but paint came with it so i stopped after two wipes. the heater when turned on smells like burning and makes and banging klnoise like the blades of fan are bang off something on the in side. there dodgy wiring randomly screws in a crappy box thingy to a wooden in closer.that hides the pipes going to and from the loo. but the wood is wollen and warped. the hallway. i was told the incom has never been wired but it once was the wires are just cut in half and hiden. the storage room where the water tank is. its leaking and growing more mold which i had to take all of my stuff out of coz the boxes were getting moldy.the smell is horrific might i add.ive no sense of smell but my girlfriend does and im going on what she told me. the windows dont seal properly. the heater is dented and missing a two dials so i have no idea what level its at. the front and rear door to the block the locks are dodgy and sometimes dont close or lock so the doors are left swinging open.the lights in the hall way dont work. there are no fire exthingishers in the apartment or block that i can see. ive been email the letting agency since the 5th of nov to try and get things sorted. my question is although their handy man is coming on monday there is no way he will fix all the problems. i rang the prtb about being reg'ed or not and turns out im not to the apartment. ive reach the end of my rope with the place i was wondering if i file it with the prtb will i get the rent ive paid back because the letting people broke contract from the get go

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

well i have few issues with the apartment.ill start at one end is proably easier. the bathroom there is mold growing on the walls that black horrible damp mold i tried wiping it but paint came with it so i stopped after two wipes. the heater when turned on smells like burning and makes and banging klnoise like the blades of fan are bang off something on the in side. there dodgy wiring randomly screws in a crappy box thingy to a wooden in closer.that hides the pipes going to and from the loo. but the wood is wollen and warped. the hallway. i was told the incom has never been wired but it once was the wires are just cut in half and hiden. the storage room where the water tank is. its leaking and growing more mold which i had to take all of my stuff out of coz the boxes were getting moldy.the smell is horrific might i add.ive no sense of smell but my girlfriend does and im going on what she told me. the windows dont seal properly. the heater is dented and missing a two dials so i have no idea what level its at. the front and rear door to the block the locks are dodgy and sometimes dont close or lock so the doors are left swinging open.the lights in the hall way dont work. there are no fire exthingishers in the apartment or block that i can see. ive been email the letting agency since the 5th of nov to try and get things sorted. my question is although their handy man is coming on monday there is no way he will fix all the problems. i rang the prtb about being reg'ed or not and turns out im not to the apartment. ive reach the end of my rope with the place i was wondering if i file it with the prtb will i get the rent ive paid back because the letting people broke contract from the get go

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dancesatnight

No.

will they fix whats wrong with the apartment at least? or be forced to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

will they fix whats wrong with the apartment at least? or be forced to fix it?

Probably, but it may take time for the PRTB to hear your complaint.

Your best bet is to continue to chase the letting agent, and also use paragraphs when posting (makes it easier for people to read).

Paulw wrote: »

Probably, but it may take time for the PRTB to hear your complaint.

Your best bet is to continue to chase the letting agent, and also use paragraphs when posting (makes it easier for people to read).

sorry i will in future my bad

sorry i will in future my bad

just had a meeting with the letting angency and they told me i can give them 28 days notice when ever. they wont be fixing everything on mh list. so ive rang the local health people and the fire marshal is coming out tomorrow to view the building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

so it was perfect when you moved in was it?

sweetie wrote: »
    so it was perfect when you moved in was it?
    nope it was perfect at all. we agree when the repairs were done to the apartment that i would give them the rest of the deposit. i only gave them half when i moved in.

Advertisement