Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham v Manchester United

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

What and not win the treble?

Ah yes, cause the treble is a likely outcome in every season :rolleyes:

League
    Champions League
    Domestic cups

Thats the order for me buddy

City playing no European football is bad enough for us without having to worry about poxy cup replays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

J. Marston wrote: »
    Maybe I should have phrased it as ''Feck off, ITV commentators.''

Ah it's the fa cup, man utd are a big scalp, most commentators go for the underdog.

Trilla wrote: »
    One positive around it is it will be more games for Nani, Vidic, Kagawa and Buttner. I doubt any of them will start vs Liverpool.

West Ham deserved the draw.

True

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Sky, ITV, BBC will usually go for underdog. Dont have problem.

The comment about Joe Cole was funny though. Stupid, but funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

5starpool wrote: »
    92:17 for the equaliser I reckon.

You weren't far off. 90+1 according to BBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Some comment from Ferguson to Talksport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

kryogen wrote: »
    Is it?

Why?

Because the FA cup is a prestigious comp and we have underperformed in it over the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

You weren't far off. 90+1 according to BBC.

I'd have put it down as 90. Wasn't it before 90.30?

Some comment from Ferguson to Talksport.

What did he say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

niallo27 wrote: »
    Ah it's the fa cup, man utd are a big scalp, most commentators go for the underdog.

True, except when Barca play...

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Because the FA cup is a prestigious comp and we have underperformed in it over the last few years.

Not nearly as prestigious as it once was sadly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

That's harsh. He's a good player and will only improve. Considering the likes of Sturridge are going for 12 million, 5 million is an insult for a player of Welbecks calibre who has far more in his locker than the likes of Sturridge.
    5m for welbeck?

youre surely joking!

Maybe I'm being a little harsh on the valuation, and then again maybe not. What he would be sold for doesn't equal what his actual value is. If he was made available, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone pay £10-£12m for him, but I don't think he's worth that. Similarly I don't think Sturridge was worth £12m, when you see Ba & Hernandez moving for £7m and someone like Michu moving for £2m then Welback & Sturridge are massively overvalued simply because they're English players.

As for the first part, I don't think that's harsh at all. He's currently 4th choice up top at United, and I don't see him moving up the rankings anytime soon. That's not good enough imo. Now, I grant you that he's only 22 and has plenty of time to develop, so I'd love to be wrong but right now he's a liability whenever he's on the pitch.

Anyway, probably not the right thread for this. Delighted we're still in the cup, and a little annoyed that we now have to fit a replay in but so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Pretty poor performance overall. Never looked like scoring in that second half.
    Kagawa and Smalling were particularly poor, Vidic wasn't great either, I'm not a fan of Smalling at right back.

I thought Welbeck played quite well for a change, worked harder than anybody else.
    Couldn't have argued if West Ham went through, they were the better side for a long time.

BREAKING NEWS: RVP out for the rest of the season due to a back injury caused by carrying yet another club on his back.

Neeson wrote: »

What did he say?

Reporter:- "Another week and you come from behind again. Can you explain it?".

Ferguson:- "Well, with Kathys pert little bum the temptation is just too much".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

20 goals in 21 starts for RVP.

Cracking haul from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Not nearly as prestigious as it once was sadly

Doesn't mean we shouldn't put in effort. Like last season was a joke. We essentially played a reserve team away at anfield. WElbz up top on his own and fergie was surprised we lost. It's a competition like any other we should be happy to remain in. Alright a replay is a ba5tard but there's no easy way for Fergie to win the treble then retire ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

RVP.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Haha, seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is it?

Why?

It just is. FA Cup >>>>>>>>>>> League Cup. I don't mind being knocked out of the League Cup in the early stages but the FA Cup is just different. I'm not some old romantic (Duh, I'm 24) but it's a good cup competition and we should be trying to win it.

Yeah, I know, doesn't mean I have to like it though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ah here, surely he didn't?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Stupid comment to make, funny....but stupid!

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Doesn't mean we shouldn't put in effort. Like last season was a joke. We essentially played a reserve team away at anfield. WElbz up top on his own and fergie was surprised we lost. It's a competition like any other we should be happy to remain in. Alright a replay is a bastard but there's no easy way for Fergie to win the treble then retire ;)

Id like to win of course, but given the choice of going out or adding another fixture to an already heavy list I find it hard to be happy about a replay

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Ah yes, cause the treble is a likely outcome in every season :rolleyes:

League
    Champions League
    Domestic cups

Thats the order for me buddy

City playing no European football is bad enough for us without having to worry about poxy cup replays

So thats your order but whats your point buddy? Its hard to win any three in any order when you get knocked out. The FA cup is great tournament. The treble was tounge in cheek as I think the UCL is beyond us but with RVP we have hope, if we go out against Madrid we will have a lot less hectic schedule and should be aiming for the FA cup to. That is why we want to stay in it, you just dont know what will happen with Madrid, thats the beauty of football, heartbreak one week, a chance of glory the next.

We have a big enough sqaud to cope and we are well capable of seeing of the Hammers at home with a second string outfit and lets just worry about our own job and not what City are at. Are they not in the

UTD fans wanting to see their team go out of a tournament :rolleyes: lols

Surely that'll be up on YouTube!

I am a liar btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

no way he said that

edit: ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Haha, seriously?

:pac: C'mon guys. He is obviously joking

Oh. So what did he say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Haha, seriously?
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    Neeson wrote: »
    Surely that'll be up on YouTube!

tumblr_lyak5dW5wS1r0hhq6o1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

When RVP was Dannys age he was scoring around the same as Danny.

Re the FA cup, reckon the perception of it could be be age related. I'm old enough to remember when it really mattered back, I remember the glory of equalising against Arsenal in 79 and the agony of defeat just minutes after.

Success in 83,85 and 90 were boyhood dream.

United last won was way too long ago.... We need another Saturday at Wembley.

Yes on 25th of May.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

j8QFV.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Think some people need to look up the definition of the word "seriously" when used as a question? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

ibl46Qsjt18OXx.gif

Re the FA cup, reckon the perception of it could be be age related. I'm old enough to remember when it really mattered back, I remember the glory of equalising against Arsenal in 79 and the agony of defeat just minutes after.

Success in 83,85 and 90 were boyhood dream.

I also remember how exciting the FA cup used to be, but it just isnt anymore imo, its great for the smaller teams alright

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I am a liar btw.

I can't believe people fell for that!

RVP's goal was class again. As soon as I saw who Giggs' ball was falling to I knew it was in. He must be one of the most reliable finishers I've ever seen.

Far too many changes in the team tonight to have expected much of a performance. I'm not sure if there's much point to this diamond formation when the players are so unused to it and short on games. Kagawa in particular must be getting a bit frustrated.

I thought Welbeck played well. Pity about Vidic, but I think he just needs games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Where have all the Liverpool fans gone??
    It's like one page is full of them, then nothing. What's going on?
    Except for niallo, fair play niallo, you always see it through.

I have looked back over the thread and not seen any comments from liverpool fans bar a few laughing at joe cole assists. It really is a bit of a myth on this forum that people troll the utd match thread when they are losing and then disappear when they win.

• Advertisement

Some finish to that game.

Hopefully RvP has an off day next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

When RVP was Dannys age he was scoring around the same as Danny.

Well no, he wasn't really.

Welbeck has 17 goals in 4 years. RVP scored 16 goals in a season when he was 19. When he first came to Arsenal (aged 21)he got 10 in his first season and 11 in his second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

You fail to grasp the concept there champ?

Concept of what?! We drew with Chelsea and Arsenal in the fa cup in the treble winning season, I suppose we would have been better off losing them aswell :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,600 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I also remember how exciting the FA cup used to be, but it just isnt anymore imo, its great for the smaller teams alright

Used to be one of the few club games on live TV. Remember when it was on all morning on Grandstand starting at about 9am? They did an interview with Bryan Robson one year as he was shaving in the sink in his hotel room on cup final morning...

Scrap the cap!

royaler83 wrote: »
    Concept of what?! We drew with Chelsea and Arsenal in the fa cup in the treble winning season, I suppose we would have been better off losing them aswell :confused:

A simple yes sir, I do not get the concept would have done tbh

thanks though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,317 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The Man United fans who are unhappy with a last minute equaliser are up there with the clouds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

A simple yes sir, I do not get the concept would have done tbh

thanks though

Post of the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I have looked back over the thread and not seen any comments from liverpool fans bar a few laughing at joe cole assists. It really is a bit of a myth on this forum that people troll the utd match thread when they are losing and then disappear when they win.
    There's a few there alright, look harder. It wasn't too bad today in fairness, it's just funny the way there is an influx when we go behind and a mass exodus when we come back.
    It's no myth. It's all in text in each matchthread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I wonder what Fergie would make of a supporter saying they would prefer to be knocked out of the FA Cup rather than face a replay. I wonder what Sir Bobby Chalrton would say to that. I'm sure both would be scornful of such an attitude and if a player ever expressed such thoughts...I reckon they would get the hairdryer treatment and possibly be shown the door.

Such sentiments are anathema to the spirit of the football club.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    There's a few there alright, look harder. It wasn't too bad today in fairness, it's just funny the way there is an influx when we go behind and a mass exodus when we come back.
    It's no myth. It's all in text in each matchthread.

It happens in all match threads of big supported teams on here.

Be happy with your teams draw and get over it tbh.

I wonder what Fergie would make of a supporter saying they would prefer to be knocked out of the FA Cup rather than face a replay. I wonder what Sir Bobby Chalrton would say to that. I'm sure both would be scornful of such an attitude and if a player ever expressed such thoughts...I reckon they would get the hairdryer treatment and possibly be shown the door.

Such sentiments are anathema to the spirit of the football club.

Fans on the internet don't really matter tbf.

Utd fans at that game were happy with the goal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement