Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meetup DUblin

Options
  • 05-01-2013 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I'm just wondering has anyone experience of using meetup in dublin? I've just started working here and my friends have dispersed since college- hence I would like to meet new people of a similiar age (early/mid twenties), my work colleagues are all quite a bit older and I feel its a shame to be letting life in the city go to waste.

Any other social activities in the region for someone like me worth recommending. Sport, art, music, movies basically interested in all the typical things.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

I'm in the same boat, moved here from the West in July and found that I had been too busy until November to enjoy Dublin/ time off...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

hokay wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm just wondering has anyone experience of using meetup in dublin? I've just started working here and my friends have dispersed since college- hence I would like to meet new people of a similiar age (early/mid twenties), my work colleagues are all quite a bit older and I feel its a shame to be letting life in the city go to waste.

Any other social activities in the region for someone like me worth recommending. Sport, art, music, movies basically interested in all the typical things.

No experience of meetup but would recommend a GAA club, you dont even have to be into the sporting side, but the theres a wide range of age profiles and associated events and socials. You might even enjoy running the line and throwing out a few cones on the training pitches!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hokay

Larbre34 wrote: »
    No experience of meetup but would recommend a GAA club, you dont even have to be into the sporting side, but the theres a wide range of age profiles and associated events and socials. You might even enjoy running the line and throwing out a few cones on the training pitches!

Cheers for the tip, more of a soccer man than GAA, maybe I could switch to a Dublin team or something next season, loyalties have to stay at home for now though.

Advertisement