Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com

Options
  • 05-01-2013 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Ordered an item on December 11 with a 3-5 day expected delivery date.
    I have checked in regularly and it still says awaiting stock.
    What is even worse is that it is still being offered for sale when they have no stock.
    What has happened to play. No email offering an explanation or an apology. It was part of a christmas present. Luckily not the main present or there would have been some serious disapointment.
    Don't know where to leave there order there and give it to the receipeint when it arrives or simply cancel it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Try contacting their customer service on twitter. They went over and above their job spec to track my order, sent out a replacement and gave me a generous voucher as an apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Was it awaiting stock when you ordered it? If so, the delivery date is from when they get it back in stock. It will still be 3-5 days once they get it back in stock.

I've gotten stuff off them before that was out of stock when ordered. As soon as it came back in stock, I got an email the next day telling me it had been dispatched. No problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭irishgeo

a mate of mine had huge problems with them i would be avoiding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Can't track it if it has not been sent out. Don't have twitter and no idea how to # tag etc.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Can't track it if it has not been sent out. Don't have twitter and no idea how to # tag etc.

why don't you e-mail or call them then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Cabaal wrote: »
    why don't you e-mail or call them then?

I had a problem with an order yesterday, I sent an email to customercare@play.com and heard back in about 3 hours which I thought was pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

yrrag1974 wrote: »
    Ah, it was good while it lasted.

I haven't ordered much from them in the last couple of years as I no longer found them very competitive, but in the early days - the mid 2000's, I remember getting rakes of bargains. Their customer service was very good too, on the rare occasion that a dvd didn't arrive they always sent a replacement very promptly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭antocann

"We're only closing our direct retail business. You can buy from our successful Play Marketplace as usual."

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

yrrag1974 wrote: »

surprised they lasted as long as they have,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

Beginning to think Play.com are now <SNIP> customers ..... I ordered a few items in february and waited nearly 4 weeks only to be refunded with no reason given. I complained to them and they just fobbed me off as unlucky. Then three weeks ago I ordered two other items and no show .... one refund was €2 under what I paid. I complained again and again no real explaination other than we will give you the balance.

However ..... think about this, advertise an iten you have no intention of selling, get a few hundred mug customers to buy it online and hold their money in your account for four weeks. If you do this often enough and on a regular basis, your will have a wadge of money on tap every day to work with and none of it your own. All you have to do is issue refunds after a month and no one notices.

Conspiracy theory or what ? certainly something is wrong, they should not be selling items they have no intention of delivering.

Advertisement