Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Completed Trades

Options
  • 05-01-2013 7:49pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads, stick your completed trades in here!

Also please flag if the person you are trading/traded for is going into the last year of his contract.

Happy trading :D

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

In the seasons first deal....

Vonta Leach comes to Tennessee to provide some protection for C2J

Heading to Baltimore are Craig Stevens FB and WR Nate Washington.

Very happy with this deal.
    C2J had an ok season last year, but too often he was getting tackled at the line.
    Leach should provide good blocking and protection, Washington wasnt targeted much in the season but Titans have enough receivers (including C2J) so they can handle the loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Colin Kaepernick is heading to Baltimore in return for a 1st and 3rd rounder.

Vonta Leach comes to Tennessee to provide some protection for C2J

Heading to Baltimore are Craig Stevens FB and WR Nate Washington.

Very happy with this deal.
    C2J had an ok season last year, but too often he was getting tackled at the line.
    Leach should provide good blocking and protection, Washington wasnt targeted much in the season but Titans have enough receivers (including C2J) so they can handle the loss.

Happy with this too, will be trying something totally different next year and won't be doing much power running. Have picked up a decent replacement and another good receiver to add to the corps. I'm sad to see Leach go, but he wouldn't have had a huge part to play this year anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans do some more business.

Antonio Cromartie comes to Tennessee in exchange for the Titans first rounder.

Titans get a top quality CB to help improve the pass D.
    Jets get a good pick and free up some valuable cap space.

Will more deals be done.. Watch this space!!

Titans do another trade
    elite DT and general bad ass Suh comes to Tennessee along with tough RB Leshoure in exchange for the Titans 3rd and 4th this year along with next years 1st.

Titans have beefed up the D with a great DT, CB and will target a couple of areas in the draft and FA.

Leshoure will see immediate game time.

Cheers Adrian

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Titans do another trade
    elite DT and general bad ass Suh comes to Tennessee along with tough RB Leshoure in exchange for the Titans 3rd and 4th this year along with next years 1st.

Titans have beefed up the D with a great DT, CB and will target a couple of areas in the draft and FA.

Leshoure will see immediate game time.

Cheers Adrian

Confirmed.

• Advertisement

Jesus the titans have gone trade mad!

Just a standard off season for me pudsy!

Need to beef up the D and force some turnovers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Titans early favourites for the superbowl next season.

Titans early favourites for the superbowl next season.

I wish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Someone from the titans going to call themselves the dream team ? :P

• Advertisement

Someone from the titans going to call themselves the dream team ? :P

Ndmaukong Suh The Nightmare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

I wish!

PP just quoted me odds on Titans for the superbowl.

another firm refused to take the bet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

They better not or that pick will be worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Titans do some more business.

Antonio Cromartie comes to Tennessee in exchange for the Titans first rounder.

Titans get a top quality CB to help improve the pass D.
    Jets get a good pick and free up some valuable cap space.
    There something about this deal that reminds me of something, cannot quite put my finger on it :pac:

Berty44 wrote: »
    There something about this deal that reminds me of something, cannot quite put my finger on it :pac:

:pac:
    I like him Berty, he has done well for me and the fact his stats arent that good mean that people are aiming the ball away from him which means my other CB is doing quite well.

If people dont aim it towards Cromartie, Verner and MCCourty are on the otherside, not good choice imo!

What comes off the cap when you trade? The leaving players salary is gone, the new players salary is added. Anything else?

For example Suggs' has a 11 million figure under "cap hit" on the website. Does that mean if he is traded i lose 11 million!

You need to pay his bonus, so you will get a cap penalty if he is still has bonus outstanding.

What was his bonus/salary breakdown? And years remaining?

adrian522 wrote: »
    You need to pay his bonus, so you will get a cap penalty if he is still has bonus outstanding.

What was his bonus/salary breakdown? And years remaining?

60m over 2 years, 30 million signing bonus according to the website. That can't be right?

So if his salary is 30mil and his bonus is 30 mil and his contract length is only 2 years ( is that total or remaining?)

Then you would take a cap penalty of 15 million in 2013 and another 15 million in 2014 I think.

In other words he is going nowhere.

adrian522 wrote: »
    So if his salary is 30mil and his bonus is 30 mil and his contract length is only 2 years ( is that total or remaining?)

Then you would take a cap penalty of 15 million in 2013 and another 15 million in 2014 I think.

In other words he is going nowhere.

Remaining I assume. That seems awful harsh!

• Advertisement

Well if its remaining you will have already "paid" a lot of this bonus.

If his contract was 6 years, then 5 million per year in bonus, you've already paid 20, so 5 mil this and 5 mil next if you cut or trade him.

Very difficult to sort all this out on the website though.

Ok I understand, the bonus is what you are paying and its divided over all the years!

Well in reality its a "signing bonus" so the player gets it as soon as they sign, which is why players like a large part of their pay in bonus, its guarenteed and paid right away.

As far as the Cap is concerned the bonus is spit evenly over the course of the contract.

So if the bonus on a 5 year deal is 10mil, its 2 mil per year against the Cap.

However if you trade or release the player you still have to take the cap hit for the bonus (as it has already been paid). You pay one years worth the year of the trade and the balance the following year.

If the above example was cut or traded in year 2 you would pay 2 mil in year 2 and 6 mil the following year as that is the bonus payment still outstanding.

This is your "cap penalty" amount on the salaries screen.

I have figured it out I think. He has 2 years left of his 6 year contract, worth 60m. He gets a 30m bonus, so 5m a year. If he goes, I will lose 5m for the next 2 years.

Thanks Adrian!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

If you go to the far right of the salary screen there is a tab that shows what a players cost is if you cut them. It takes there salary from their bonus or whatever. it will show it as a gain or a negative depending on how much their salary is v their bonus and you know exactly how much cap space you free up... on the xbox only though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The Rams and Redskins have come to an agreement:

Rams send:
    Their 1st round pick
    Their 2nd round pick
    Their 5th round pick

Redskins send:
    Brian Orakpo
    3rd round pick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Monster trade that one !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Gives the skins something to work with this draft:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

SantryRed wrote: »
    The Rams and Redskins have come to an agreement:

Rams send:
    Their 1st round pick
    Their 2nd round pick
    Their 5th round pick

Redskins send:
    Brian Orakpo
    3rd round pick
    Not sure how I feel about this.
    Happy as Orakpo blew up so many of my runs behind line of scrimmage.
    But also worried as Ben can now improve multiple areas of Skins team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Do the rams know already ? Or made aware that orpako is a 3-4 olb and won't fit the rams 4-3 scheme well at all if played at linebacker ?

Advertisement