Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Melee in Henry Street this afternoon

Options
  • 05-01-2013 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

Anyone know WTF wad going on in Henry Street, Liffey Street late this afternoon with a gang of about 50 black teenagers ? It was a rolling dispute and enormous amounts of screaming and banshee'ing ..... ? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Break dancing compitition

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Eh no.... I don't believe so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

I did see a bunch of them being ushered away by 3 gardai around 5.30

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

This happens most Saturdays on Henry Street/Jervis etc

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Really? I've never seen it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Piliger wrote: »
    Anyone know WTF wad going on in Henry Street, Liffey Street late this afternoon with a gang of about 50 black teenagers ? It was a rolling dispute and enormous amounts of screaming and banshee'ing ..... ? :confused:
    Wu Tang Clan were auditioning for a replacement for ODB

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

I saw it about two years ago at least 20 black teenagers with a few scanger white birds thrown in hanging out with them and screaming. There were security guards running from all angles to try break it up. Saturday afternoon at about 5pm the place absolutely packed.

I said to myself ''the times are a changing'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

does it. ive never seen it happen and i worked on henry street for a good while.

can you give examples?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

I've seen gangs of black teens hanging around O'Connell street. Never seen any of it on Henry street and I passed that way on saturday evenings for years.

I shop there every Saturday and have never seen it.

• Advertisement

I've seen gangs of black teens hanging around O'Connell street. Never seen any of it on Henry street and I passed that way on saturday evenings for years.

I've seen lots of gatherings of teen black kids in many places around the city, just like white teens. It's normal. But something was happening today that was different. Some kind of inter-group dispute or feud or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Who won? Bloods or Crips?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

I seen this happening also about two weeks before Xmas..big fight in Jervis, spilled out onto Henry street..gardai arrived and took away one of the youths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

wyndham wrote: »
    Who won? Bloods or Crips?

The Henry Street 5-0 Crips beat the cr@p out of the Jervis Street Rolling Bloods.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Blue Eyed Boy

The "fighting" that I saw at about 6.15pm consisted of lads throwing a few slaps at each other and girls running around screaming for dramatic effect. The troublesome part of it was when they all decided to scatter like rats back up towards O'Connell Street and proceeded to knock over anyone unfortunate enough to be in their path. Fine if your used to seeing it happen but it seemed pretty distressing for some of the older people who unwillingly got caught up in the stampede. If this is a regular occurrence like some posters have pointed out, it would encourage me to avoid Henry Street at the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

If this is a regular occurrence like some posters have pointed out, it would encourage me to avoid Henry Street at the weekends.

And what if it's a rare occurrence like other posters have pointed out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Wow cant believe the OP hasnt been branded racist yet for highligting the fact they are black. Wheres the PC brigade this morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

iDave wrote: »
    Wow cant believe the OP hasnt been branded racist yet for highligting the fact they are black. Wheres the PC brigade this morning?
    All busy with Jim Sheridan & the KPMG girl, guess the OP will have to wait his turn for a dose of self righteousness indignation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Piliger wrote: »
    I shop there every Saturday
    Why? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Can't wait for the Evening Herald report

Carnage, terror, mayhem :eek:

And a few quotes from an imaginary "source" ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

iDave wrote: »

Not really racist though. It's like when the Chinese gangs go mental with the machetes on Capel Street or traveller feuds in the midlands or at weddings. It's just a fact of the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Wow, a fight in town!! Craaaazzzy.

Not really though. Ye can have a laugh here and all, but this forum isn't really the place for OT sillyness or threads like this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement