Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best savings account for small amount?

Options
  • 05-01-2013 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭

hi,
    i remember seeing a thread a while ago with the rates different banks were offering on saving accounts, but cant see it now.
    i have a couple of grand sitting in my current account earning me nothing, and was wondering what my best option would be? its only a small amount, and i wouldnt be adding to it regularly, thinking a Credit Union maybe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

hi,
    i remember seeing a thread a while ago with the rates different banks were offering on saving accounts, but cant see it now.
    i have a couple of grand sitting in my current account earning me nothing, and was wondering what my best option would be? its only a small amount, and i wouldnt be adding to it regularly, thinking a Credit Union maybe?

Interest rates are low generally if you don't want to tie your money into a notice account.

Credit unions are handy, and allow access to credit easily, but the rate is likely to be low, although higher than your current account, and better in your pocket than theirs!

Here are rates from other banks

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=102329

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

prob the best option is one of those deposit and leave it for x amount of months/years.

dont have details off the top of my head but an post used to do a 5yr or 10yr one

Advertisement