Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French (Français)

Options
  • 05-01-2013 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi, my name is Dean. I am in 3rd year & I am doing Higher Level French for the Junior Cert. I am really good at French and I am hoping for an A. I want to be a French teacher when I finish school, as it's my passion!
    I was just wondering, if any of you, who have done the Junior Cert. have any study tips etc.
    At the moment, I am just learning lots of vocab. I have already learned around 40-45 irregular verb conjugations (and I know many regular verbs, of course).
    I know all important grammar of by heart & I also know the passé composé, present, imperfect, future and conditional.
    Thanks in advance!

Dean

P.S: Do you have any tips for memorizing vocab. or at least what types of words that I should definitely know? thanks :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

You're sorted at the moment. French for JC is pìss. Just learn your vocab and you'll easily get an A. The only other study you should do is learn the oral off by heart and if you're doing the comprehensions, just make a list of vocab that you don't know and learn. A lot of the vocab is the same every year. Take this from someone who got an A last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

I got ReviseWise last year and learned most of the Letter Vocab/Phrases and I got an A.

It's just a really easy exam, if you are passionate about it and are learning your phrases, you will most likely get a 80% up, probably an A.

I didn't even learn the imperfect or conditional tense and still got an A, you only need the main 3.

Advertisement