Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone dropping out again

• 05-01-2013 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

About 2 yrs to 18 months ago I had a lot of issues with Vodafone broadband dropping out. Lots of secrecy but found out various upgrades going on etc and when issue was sorted , its been great since . That is until about a week before christmas, started to get random dropping out again - sometimes for a few seconds but sometimes for a few minutes.
    Is there anything going on with vodafone that is public knowledge ? Or is this something that I have to ring about 10 times before they admit , yeah , we are ****ing about with our network and we thought we'd keep quiet about it again ???

Comments

exact same problem for my folks on vodafone. started just before christmass and has continued since. modem drops the dsl connection every few hours.
    This is happening in sligo and they just happen to be upgrading the local exchanges with fibre at the moment. Rang support but of course they deny the two could be linked and instead suggested we borrow another modem from "a neighbour or someone" so we can see if that is the problem :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

This happens mine every night between 12am and 2-3am and also sometimes during the day. It has been like this for at least 2 years, id imagine a lot longer though.

It doesn't bother me that much as its happening mostly late at night when im in bed, but it can be a pain if im having a late online game or watching netflix or something.

Its been happening a lot more often the past few weeks as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Yup, happens in Ashtown and has been for over a year now. Disgrace of a service, and I'm cancelling it at the end of the month.

Advertisement