Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle Paperwhite.. amazon.uk issue?

Options
  • 05-01-2013 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Inexperienced here and trying to download books from amazon.co.uk but saying unable for this country?

That correct? Has to be US site does it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Inexperienced here and trying to download books from amazon.co.uk but saying unable for this country?

That correct? Has to be US site does it?
    Yes , some people register it to a uk address etc to get around it, personally i didnt bother the US site has some great prices on books .

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

Yes , some people register it to a uk address etc to get around it, personally i didnt bother the US site has some great prices on books .
    thanks!! Will relax now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭galwayguy85

The way around this is to use a new amazon.co.uk account for just eBook purchases.

Make up an email address at gmail or hotmail to get started.

You can a website such as daveproxy.co.uk to fool amazon into thinking that you live in the UK.

Go there, then open amazon.co.uk from the sites address bar.

Then set up a new account. Recalling from memory, it'll ask you set an address during the setup. Just stick in a UK address. Unlikely it'll ever be verified.

Once the account for eBook purchases has been set up you can ditch daveproxy.

I like to go back to amazon.co.uk, login and then try to buy a free eBook to make sure all is ok. Send it to akindle app on your Mac or PC. If that comes, you should then be able to reg the kindles serial number to your amazon account for the eBooks.

Then add credit card details etc on the amazon website for purchases.

That should be all.

Advertisement