Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with course fee

Options
  • 05-01-2013 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi, I'm applying for courses this year. around 5 years ago I started an undergraduate course but didn't finish even the first year. now I want to go back to college and I'm applying for different courses this year. will I have to pay the fees? I've tried looking at the student finance site but no info ;(

http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp9377/course-fees/index.html

This is My no 1 choice course here which is listed in the cao

http://www.gcd.ie/ba-hons-in-music-production/

edit. I wasn't a mature student when I did the first course

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

AFAIK all GCD courses are private so no help with fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jeuneespoire

****. I just thought since it was in the cao.... do you think I have any other options?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

****. I just thought since it was in the cao.... do you think I have any other options?

Is there nowhere else that offers it? I would have thought DIT or one of the outlying ITs would offer such a course - then again that's just a guess.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

You could send a query to the student finance people asking them, give them as much info about your previous education and this course.

Also, you are eligible for tax back on tuition fees on private colleges.
    More info here http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/it31.html

The only other courses are in Dundalk and Limerick which I'm applying for too. they'll have to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

around 5 years ago I started an undergraduate course but didn't finish even the first year

What year? This matters because if it's more than 5 years you might get free fees for the first year

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

just worked it out and it's definitely over five years but i think grithith college is independent so i don't think that applies?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

just worked it out and it's definitely over five years but i think grithith college is independent so i don't think that applies?

Yeah Griffith is private but if you get one of the others this will be a help

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement