Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CONCENTRATION

• 05-01-2013 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

For as long as I can remember I have never paid attention to most of my teachers in class. I daydream while I write so that the end of a sentence sometimes does not match the beginning. I get restless trying to do homework so that I spend most of my homework/study time daydreaming. In the case of essays or even just paragraphs, I usually walk away from the desk after about five minutes of work without thinking about what I am doing. :(

In 6th year by the way. Homework usually takes me hours and hours every day, leaving little time for study.

Im getting a bit worried about the lc, anyone got ANY tips on how to concentrate on studies? Im beginning to feel a bit desperate. I always forget the clock if I time myself, and study schedules might as well not exist for me.

Anyone else in trouble?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

For as long as I can remember I have never paid attention to most of my teachers in class. I daydream while I write so that the end of a sentence sometimes does not match the beginning. I get restless trying to do homework so that I spend most of my homework/study time daydreaming. In the case of essays or even just paragraphs, I usually walk away from the desk after about five minutes of work without thinking about what I am doing. :(

In 6th year by the way. Homework usually takes me hours and hours every day, leaving little time for study.

Im getting a bit worried about the lc, anyone got ANY tips on how to concentrate on studies? Im beginning to feel a bit desperate. I always forget the clock if I time myself, and study schedules might as well not exist for me.

Anyone else in trouble?
    I think everyone experiences it sometimes! I am great for making plans but when it comes to it, I just don't. I like to say to myself 'ok, I will have this chapter studied by this time'. Even though I usually go over it still gives me incentive to work! Timetables don't work for me either especially when I see the huge amount of work to be done! I suggest you write down a list of topics that you want to cover that day. It doesn't have to be loads, say biology - photosynthesis and chemistry - the mole. Then once you've studied them, highlight it a done or tick it off.
    I also struggle to get all my homework done let alone study so what I advise is to study first or study something, even only one thing, first. Then do your homework. I'd say you'd get it done quicker too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

Always study first then do homework, I don't really learn from it or try to, I always look in the book for the answer, yet I know I might be studying that chapter later on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ShatterResistant

How are you for getting to bed early? I find if I don't get a good nights sleep* I can't concentrate half as well in class/study than otherwise. I know it sounds obvious but clichés become clichés for a reason I suppose.

Food, second on the obvious list. If you're hungry you will struggle to focus, and no, a can of coke and mars bar does not qualify as brain food.

*Warning: I am a hypocrite.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you have problems concentrationg, then you have to undertake your study in small manageable chunks, not Thursday evening - Rivers, but Thursday evening - 2 river erosion features.
    Get something done, rather than being overwhelmed by what you have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anyone else in trouble?
    I was the very same way with homework at the start of the year.. I would spend hours in my room but get nothing done! Then I started after school study which is great cause I usually get all my homework done.. I think it's harder to day dream when your surrounded by everyone else working? It worked for me anyway! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement