Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a Celtic Tiger Holiday Home

Options
  • 05-01-2013 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Just looking for some direction or advice into selling off this purchase from a better time :rolleyes: The property was bought over ten years ago as an investment and for tax reasons is only available to be sold on now.

I suppose the obvious route is to advertise on myhome.ie and auctioneers but I was thinking of something a bit more novel that would appeal to a rich yank :D. So is there any websites people know of in the states that do such a thing or some website that will have a bit more global exposure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭looters

RoncoRider wrote: »
    Just looking for some direction or advice into selling off this purchase from a better time :rolleyes: The property was bought over ten years ago as an investment and for tax reasons is only available to be sold on now.

I suppose the obvious route is to advertise on myhome.ie and auctioneers but I was thinking of something a bit more novel that would appeal to a rich yank :D. So is there any websites people know of in the states that do such a thing or some website that will have a bit more global exposure.

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Try here, but I dont really know what your looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Try graigslist.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If you told us where the property is- it might help.
    E.g. if it is miles away from a means of getting to it- Shannon or Knock- you're wasting your time trying to suggest its an ideal getaway for a 'rich yank' (as you put it). Americans have been badly hit by the recession too- its not just an Irish phenomenon. Price to market (providing of course there is a market) and it'll sell (eventually). If its in Dublin/Cork/Galway expect it to take a minimum 3-4 months to sell, commuter belt including the midlands- 8 to 9 months, more obscure locations- it may not sell, regardless of the price you put on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Seriously OP do you really believe some "Rich Yank" is going to pay any more than anybody else for your property ?

You dont get "rich" by wasting money. Nobody will be idiotic enough to pay over the odds. So regardless of it being an American, Austrialian or anybody in between your not going to get more by magically marketing it overseas.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RoncoRider

The property is in waterville, west kerry so roughly an hour from Kerry airport.

Craigslist of course is an excellent suggestion and had never thought of it. Still trying to find a website that does sell kinda "villas" or 2nd home foreign properties.

"Rich Yanks" ;) purely sarcasm to add a bit of flare haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement