Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

finding a spiritual path

Options
  • 05-01-2013 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all.

First, maybe, a bit of background to my own spiritual journey so far.
    Last year, in May, i think it was, I decided to go vegetarian, the only reason I write this is because it is relivant to the rest of the story. Now, my new found vegetarianism took me to Govinda's and why would'nt it? Cheap tasty food that always fills you up... Now, for some reason, i don't know why, I decided to do a bit more research on the Hare Krishna community, up to this point I had always thought they were weird, and I do think so again, but more about that later.
    I started researching and before i knew where i was, i was at one of the classes in the temple they have in Abby Street. I left that night with some beads, and went back a few more times, before distancing myself from the temple. This I did, because of an evident fanaticism in ISKCON. I wanted to be careful and not get dragged into anything I'd regret later. To cut a long story short, in the end I went to a temple in london after getting initiated into the movement here, and wile at the temple figured out that the Krishna consciousness lifestyle was two much for me. This unfortunately, lead me away from vegetarianism just as it had lead me to it, and this i regret, and plan to rectify very soon indeed.
    Now, I feel I am ready to begin my quest for a spiritual path again, but my question is, how do I find the path that is right for me? I am nervous of being drawn into something that I won't be able to keep up longterm, like what happened with KC.
    I am interested in buddhism, so if anyone cares to post a little about that if that is something you are involved in, I'd be very greatful indeed. I want something that I will be able to do while not have it effect every part of my life. I can explain what I mean by that if people are interested, but in short I can just say that Krishna consciousness took over every part of my being, and not in a healthy way.
    I am sorry for such a lenthy message, and hope for some feedback.
    thanks for reading
    P.S. no offense is meant to anyone here who is practicing Krishna consciousness, it just wasn't for me.
    Thanks again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Hello afterglow :)

Small comment, You are on a spiritual path. That is what this life is. A journey to Open Your Heart to find true Happiness, peace, Love and joy. The Spiritual path is not a shopping cart of different modalities, although it may sometimes seem like this, the Spiritual journey is this very life itself and overcoming all negative emotions and embracing the joy within.

Meetup.com is a good place where you can explore the many different meditation groups and get togethers that are happening in your city. When exploring the different groups try naturally to follow your Heart and what comes will surely be what's right for you at that given time.

As the saying goes "All roads lead to Rome" but, :D to speak to the emperor you need to get the invite, And the invite is within your Heart waiting to be opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

padma wrote: »
    Hello afterglow :)

Small comment, You are on a spiritual path. That is what this life is. A journey to Open Your Heart to find true Happiness, peace, Love and joy. The Spiritual path is not a shopping cart of different modalities, although it may sometimes seem like this, the Spiritual journey is this very life itself and overcoming all negative emotions and embracing the joy within.

Meetup.com is a good place where you can explore the many different meditation groups and get togethers that are happening in your city. When exploring the different groups try naturally to follow your Heart and what comes will surely be what's right for you at that given time.

As the saying goes "All roads lead to Rome" but, :D to speak to the emperor you need to get the invite, And the invite is within your Heart waiting to be opened.
    Thanks
    I appreciate you taking the time to write.
    :)

Advertisement