Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean Gallagher to sue RTE / Frontline

• 05-01-2013 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

As per front of tomorrow's Sindo.

Kind of expected it.

Suing the public service broadcaster that made him a household name through dragons den.

Hmmmmm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

As per front of tomorrow's Sindo.

Kind of expected it.

Suing the public service broadcaster that made him a household name through dragons den.

Hmmmmm

Suing the public service broadcaster that cost him the presidential election by putting inaccurate information about him into the public domain without checking its credibility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Arciphel

The man is deluded beyond belief.

thumb_COLOURBOX1700019.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Arciphel wrote: »
    The man is deluded beyond belief.

How? He was wronged by the broadcaster that he is suing. Perfectly reasonable and acceptable action, as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Suing the public service broadcaster that cost him the presidential election by putting inaccurate information about him into the public domain without checking its credibility

And didn't he rebut things so well on the night in question ;-)

And didn't he rebut things so well on the night in question ;-)

Fair enough it did catch him on the hop and he might not have gone on to win but rte put him at an unfair disadvantage and he has the right to seek retribution

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Absolutezero

I hope I get the jury! Bidding begins in ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Not for the first time, I hope he loses and I hope he makes an expensive show of himself publicly while doing so.

Fair enough it did catch him on the hop and he might not have gone on to win but rte put him at an unfair disadvantage and he has the right to seek retribution

so how much is he due please tell me?

do u know for sure he would have won election if no tweet?

wud he have made a better president?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

How much is a presidents salary for a full term?

How much is a presidents salary for a full term?

250k / year

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0926/1224304755779.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Better president? I didn't know there was a sliding scale of quality for a hollow, superflous, astoundingly overpayed position.

1) I don't know how much he should get (if anything) but rte should be held accountable for their actions

2) if you read the post you quoted I said he may not have won anyway

3) I don't think Michael d is doing anything wrong and I don't know if Sean Gallagher would have been better. However he's not sueing because he thinks he would have been a better president

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,490 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm sure if rte slip him a brown envelope he'll back off.

What ever he gets, the general will get it back after he's audited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

He'll get his free money from the state, by hook or by crook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

So he is gonna sue US in reality, US that he was gonna save and pull out of debt with his wonderful business acumen. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

He fumbled his response and that's what cost him the debate on television in front of half the country. I doubt he would have won it anyway.

when he does this in d'court-a-law he'll be home n dry

Some sham ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Like 90% of business owners in this country, he is a sleazy greedy chancer. I still cringe to think he came so close to winning. Fair play to sf and rte for exposing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Can we keep to the thread topic without personal slurs on the man. There are other sites available if you want to do that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Will this be the second big law suit against RTE? The first one charging them of falsely accusing a priest of getting someone pregnant?

How many times does the tax payer want to pay for this stuff?

Maybe, just maybe, this will teach RTE how to conduct a debate properly with due formalities. Or maybe just maybe there will be enough lawsuits that RTE will be forced to go private and that will be end of state owned tv and tv licenses, money wasted in tv license inspectors, advertising about the tv license, and money and space wasted on court and prison time for something that is redundant in this day and age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 lucy1

Would expect nothing less from him. Thank God he was not elected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Not for the first time, I hope he loses and I hope he makes an expensive show of himself publicly while doing so.

I think it pretty clear that he has a case worth pursuing.
    Fair play to sf and rte for exposing him.

Through incompetence and underhandedness? Similar amateurish nonsense got us into the mess we are in now but I suppose it's ok in this case because it's one up for your side! Small town dirty politics is still alive and well in 2013.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It perhaps should be noted that at this stage, as currently reported, he's only seeking declaratory relief i.e. a declaration that RTE failed in their Duty of Care and that the programme wasn't fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Gallagher messed up big time when being questioned. It is my opinion that he was not trying to hide anything sinister, but that he had spent his entire campaign trying to dis-associate himself from FF. I'm no fan of FF, but I think Gallagher made a poor choice by trying to distance himself from FF. There are plenty of FF supporters who are disgusted by FF actions and policies of late years and like Gallagher, they held their heads low for a while. Hell...lots of FF voters of the last GE wouldn't even admit they'd voted FF :eek:

I hope Gallagher makes RTE change their ways. Too many times now they've destroyed people with false/unreliable information.

Advertisement