Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berzerk movies?

Options
  • 06-01-2013 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭

Whoah! has anyone here seen this?

adored the anime series, and one thing I'm really happy about is they still have Susumu Hirasawa's music. that was one of the best things about the series :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Never did watch the original series, but tempted to grab the DVD set after looking at a few trailers.

So whats the deal with these 3 films? From what I can tell, the orig series was broken into 2 story arcs and these films are a re-drawn version of one of those arcs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

It's pretty much nothing new, just whatever the manga did covered again. Hoping it leads to a new trilogy after with puck and everyone who should be there

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Moe blob

It's terrible. CGI is done very poorly, just read the manga it is infinitely better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Thomas-G wrote: »
    It's pretty much nothing new, just whatever the manga did covered again. Hoping it leads to a new trilogy after with puck and everyone who should be there

As far as I know it will cover the the other Arc storylines after the Eclipse. The Intro of the new movies show The Skull Knight and in the latest movie Farnese and Serpico are shown at the Midland Ball. I think in the previous anime series it only covered up to the Eclipse because that's where the Manga only was at the time. The Manga has been ongoing for a long time now and the series was done in the 90's.

I agree somewhat about the CGI. At times it's well done and at other times it's shockingly bad. It's ok enough for me to watch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Hehe i thought this was about one of my favourite atari games: Berzerk!

But it was still g00d!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

both being shown in the lighthouse soon

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Sweet! I loved the anime back when I saw it on VCD... geeze... at least 10 or 11 years ago... Not knowing the manga at all I was blown away by the ending and the complete change in direction. Did not know about the movies finally happening. Happy to see a continuation - though I'm a little concerned to realise I'm a decade older still waiting on the same anime releases.

On a related note, I wonder does this mean we'll eventually get that Vandred conclusion...

Advertisement